Reminder - Greater City Aquarium Society Meeting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jchillin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Attention all of my fellow NY/NJ forum members!

The winter hiatus is over! The GCAS resumes the monthly meeting on Wednesday, March 1, 2006 at 7:30pm at the Queens Botanical Gardens.

Without glossing over the benefits of the meeting (which will feature a guest speaker on Lake Tang cichlids), I am looking forward to the auction. It has been three months since the last auction and that means there will be literally tons of fish, plants and other juicy items up for bid. :D

I recommend this event highly. If you have never attended, this is the time to do so (just don't attempt to get into a bidding war with me, you will lose or at the very least, make me angry).

It is also a good opportunity to meet your fellow aquarists from around the New York Metro area.

Come on down...it is well worth it.

How convenient that I will just so happen to have an empty, fully cycled 15 gal tank on March 1. :twisted:
Coincidence?....of course not! :twisted:

Oh, and I need plants too...lots of 'em!

rich311k said:
Where is the Botanical Gardens?
It's located on Main Street in Flushing, north of the LIE and south of the #7 subway station (about halfway between the two). Below are some directions. It would be nice to meet you, Rich. Hope you can make it.
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/greatercity/meetings.htm
If you're driving there, you have to go to the very end of Dahlia Ave, park in the temporary lot, and walk back to the visitor center.

fishfreek said:
Is this in our event calendar?
Yes, I put a notice there about two weeks ago. :D

I will be there. Been too long since I've seen everyone.

Unfortunetly I won't make. My buddy who was gonna drive was told by his wife he has other things to do and I have not been medically cleared to drive yet. So hopefully I will see ya all at the next one.

Phew, finally a chance to update everyone. :)

It was great to see QTOFFER and BrianNY and the other members after so many months. The auction was indeed plentiful but alas, I was outbidded on several occassions for some great looking apisto's macmasteri (sp)?. Congrats to QTOFFER, who won a Freshwater Master Test Kit. :)

Back
Top Bottom