Rhode Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I live in RI too! I'm not a dude though ;)

Hey, either of you know a good lfs to go to? I'm done with PetSmart/Petco, larger chain stores. I want to try a fish shop but I want to make sure the stock is good and they take care of their tanks so I can minimize the chance of disease, etc when I finish cycling and can add fish.

im gonna try agian it seems library so far is the only one here in RI any one else in RI it'd be nice to find some local salties

SW current 90 gal fowlr in process of builiding a 180 reef.

I know some people don't like it but I don't mind the place on north main st in providence RI aquarium. The guy in harmony doesn't have much selection. Jefferson blvd in warwick called something fishy but very expensive.

Best prices around. I just picked up a majestic angel from him for 100 and something fishy had one same size for 225 and best price I found online was for 140.

He will try and order just about anything u need to. The only crappy thing is the kids that work there don't know to much so u gotta no what ur looking for or talk to the owner he is pretty good.

Not great if u want coral u gotta go to something fishy in warwick or they also have a location in rumford pets in east prov of exit 7 I think. They both have a pretty large selection.

I'm from west Greenwich RI, usually goto the fish bowl or something fishy for frags, that shop on wickenden st in prov has good prices but not the best selection...

Tom

TomStav said:
I'm from west Greenwich RI, usually goto the fish bowl or something fishy for frags, that shop on wickenden st in prov has good prices but not the best selection...

Tom

can i have the address to those please?

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
can i have the address to those please?

Both have decent prices for RI, neither have the best selection but you can usually find odd things there. I goto something fishy when they have there "late night with the fish guys" events (see there website) as they usually have some good deals going but otherwise they are pricey, I think it's because all of there livestock is captive bred so in a way your paying extra to help the ocean!

Here are the shops links where you can find the address...

http://www.fishbowlpet.com/

http://www.aqualifecentral.com/

As you guys are in Rodey I figured I would mention I have a 24G JBJ nano cube with light and stand, 4G Baby Biorb and 40G breeder with light for sale or trade... I can give you more info if your interested.

Tom

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
thanks for the sites im actually interested in the cube if it won't break my 14 yr old bank lol

Ha I don't remember off the top of my head the original price but if you look it up online (JBJ 24 Nano cube) then I would probably sell it for half price. I would only sell it with the stand (as I don't want that lying around). I am at my sisters wedding all week but will be back in Rhodey in a week or so should you want to see photos of it or come and inspect it. It has the straight stand with the cupboard in dark grey. Needs new bulbs for the light.

Thanks

Tom

Back
Top Bottom