Anyone looking to buy a LFS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roka64

Aquarium Advice Addict
Fins Feathers 'n Friends
Address: 214 W Washington St, Charles Town, WV 25414
Phone: (304) 728-7723
She has decided to retire and sell or close. If anyone is interested, you can use the info above. I don't know any details, other than the lease is up at the end of this month. PLEASE DON"T LET IT GO AWAY.....sniffle.....

Hey roka. That's really cool of you to try and find someone to take the LFS. I hope Fluff sees this. :)

Just a question. Does the store have a big flight of stairs in front of it? I think the people that deliver to me at work, also deliver fish to that store. Just wondering.

LOL! Fluff asked my to buy it! I kind of thought about it, but am not too sure on running a store and working a regular job. No, there are no stairs, only one step to the front door. We do have a place called Gower's Feed, that have FW fish and mostly feed. They have steps. I am in Charles Town, I think there is one in Martinsburg that might resemble that store, it's been a while and that place was a dump. I had to pick up their feeder fish off the floor and put them back in the tank...at least the live ones...
The one here is called Fins Feathers and Friends-which is the same name as the one in Ashburn, Va, near where I work.

It's been years since I've been there but I don't remember a flight of stairs outside. The store is along a main street, but there is a flight of stairs inside that leads down into the fish room.

Ahh. The one that I'm thinking of is probably the one is Ashburn, which sounds more like where the company delivers too. The delivery guy just always complains about having to walk up the stairs with a huge box of fish.

Roka, you buy it...and I'll come help! I don't know much about owning a store, but I do work fish retail. lol. That'd actually be way cool! I'm only about 30 minutes from Charlestown...I think. Ahh, the pressure. :)

LOL, yeah, Frederick is about 35 minutes from my house...at least the way I drive! LOL! I live on the other side of C-Town. Now you have me thinking!

Its definitley an interesting opportunity. I'm thinking too, but I'm way to young to own a store. Lol. I do have time though, because I'm quitting my job soon...very very soon. :p Hmm.

Roka, now even I'm thinking.

LOL! I guess I could run by there and find out more info. I have some equity in my house......hmmmm.....
Too young to own? Naw, I wouldn't think so!

Great news! The store has a new owner and she is restocking. I'll check it out this weekend. The new owners take over the 1st of next month. Maybe they will lower their prices some!

Back
Top Bottom