AquaScapes retail store in Charlottesville

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

libertybelle

Aquarium Advice Addict
anyone been to this store and recommend it? It looks like it's a relatively new place...

I've been getting most of my fish/plants from a local PetsMart, decent store, but no variety.

I'm very curious too... I live a little ways away and love to take road trips (few hours away) to check out fish places around... Haven't been here yet and would love to know if it's worth a few hours drive

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. Doesn't look like anyone on here has strong feelings about the place....I will probably drop by in the next couple days. Let me know if you want me to look for anything in particular!

Awesome!! Let me know how it is and if it would be worth a road trip to come check it out :)

I dropped by there yesterday. It's a lot smaller than I expected. (If you use GPS to get there it will tell you it is in the middle of a neighborhood, its actually on the ground floor of the building on the corner - you can park right in front of the store) If you are on facebook, you can see pictures of most of their current stock which is nice, and they respond quickly if you want to ask about something in particular. (https://www.facebook.com/aquascapes)

They seem really good about special orders too. They had just sold the last of their red cherries and they said they might be able to get them in for their shipment today! They are selling them for 3.99 there. A good price if you only want a few, as paying for shipping can be very expensive. (It looks like they make a point of matching liveaquaria prices) I'm probably going to pick up some cherries and horned nerites to start with.

I could only drop by for a few minutes yesterday, but they seem to have a lot of variety for such a small store. I only met one staff member and I think the owner, and they're great. They really know their stuff and the tanks looked great. Not 'sterile' or algae ridden. I did see one dead fish in one of the freshwater tanks, but all the other fish were acting natural and looked healthy.

That sounds great! Looks like a road trip in my near future!! Thank you so much for the update! Hey if you're ever near Lynchburg you HAVE got to check out P.A.W.S. it is Pet and Aquatic Warehouse right beside the mall.... The whole downstairs is dedicated to fish TONS of tanks and they are AMAZING! Both fresh and salt... I take a trip there a few weekends a month just to dream hahhaha

I go there all the time! There awesome people an have experience. The owner started out at a lps an then started a aquarium mantinance business. They also do custome installs. So it's a one stop shop!!! The retail store is new but I'v never seen a nasty tank or dead fish. They have everything from Koi to clams. He also frequently has used tank set ups when clients deside to upgrade. Next time your in Cville stop by an check'em out guys!

180g Oscar
20g African Cichlid
20g Community
2g African Dwarf Frogs
55g Discus

Back
Top Bottom