Blue Ribbon Koi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ziggy953 said:
There is another great LFS called The Marine Scene in Herndon that I go to as well. That could be another get together!! :D

Is it close enough to just drive over during this get together? I'm needy. Hehe

I'll be coming in from 15 south, the direction on mapquest seem pretty simple.

The Herndon store is about 20-25 minutes from Blue Ribbon....I guess we could do a side trip over there if you guys wanted to!

Well, do we want to meet somewhere? My work is almost a good meeting point for the Lindsay, Neil, Ray, me (the MD/WV/Northern VAers).
Unless you have a different place. I work in 22001 Loudoun County Parkway, Ashburn Va 20147 (former MCI, now Verizon). For the Redskins fans, it is the same road that they have their practice field. My building is hard to miss and there is parking in the front.

Since I live so close to the place you guys decide when you want to be there and I will just meet you there.

Ok, well Neil and Ziggy are near there, Lindsay, Ray and Myself (don't forget Cindy), come from WV/MD (Cindy and Lindsay are equadistand from me, so if you all want to meet around my area, we can drive down together) Ray is on the opposite side of the beltway (more like diagonal from us) we can meet somewhere near the LFS (of course, we can check out the LFS that is really close to my job, but not too impressive), or you can meet us there. Any other suggestions? I don't want to command folks around.

I think we are just going to elect you party/roadtrip manager...you seem to be doing a fine job getting everyting coordinated!! I'm easy going so what ever works for you all is fine with me. I have been to Blue Ribbon and Marine Scene several times so this is more a chance for me to meet some of you and for you guys to see these two LFS....so keep up the good work of getting this together!!!!

I agree with Ziggy. Take the bull by the horns there Roka. Basically it'll come down to this... YOu set a place and a time to meet, and anyone that wants to meet will, and anyone who doesn't will either join us at the shop or just not. It's not like you're sending us to war or something :)

I'm just in it for the meet and greet too, seems like these places are SW, which really doesn't do anything for me but make me want to spend a bunch of money. haha

I soo hope to be able to meet with you all, I just can't commit yet. :?
I'd be happy with just meeting at the store though. :)

Scott, you're the man! I am content with just meeting at the shop if there is a large parking lot out in front. But you are right, it might be easier to meet up as a group if it's a little bit away from there in an emptier parking lot. Whatever we do is cool with me.

I have plans that evening, so just throwing this out there that I'd like to meet earlier in the day, around noon-ish or so, or earlier.

Oh, and it might not be a bad idea to exchange numbers if people want, incase we get lost or something. lol

The store better still have those ORA frags for $29 when we go!

Blue Ribbon Kio is first a Koi pond place. They specialize in koi ponds and the landscaping to go with them, however since the owners son John has taken over the store he has added the Marine side of the store. They have enough parking to accomidate 25 or so cars. It is a hole in the wall place so it's not right next to other buildings or anything.

On the website the large tank that has all the corals and clams in it is where most of the coral frags are. He also has a large setup in the back of the store that holds his prop tanks and some other frags.....It isn't a large store but the quality and price of his stuff is great!! The Marine Scene in Herndon does ONLY SW and is much much larger in terms of amount of live stock but the quality isn't any better then at Blue Ribbon Koi.

I might be able to make it also Scott. When ya`ll get things finalized let me know and I`ll try to see what I can do. Dont forget to let me Know.

Wow, Mike, you are coming from Richmond? Ok, the gereral consensus is to meet at the store. What time? I believe Lindsay said areound 12, that will give us out of town folks plenty of time to get there. Once we all meet, we can shop and maybe do lunch. So, should we say 12? I agree, we should exchange numbers, but I wouldn't recommend it in the public view. Everyone PM me with your email and phone numbers and I'll foreward them on to everyone interested....sound good?

Sounds great Scott! I said around 12 would be good for me, but I'm flexible too, if that isn't a good time. I would just ideally like to be back home before 6 ish, because I have a 21st birthday to go out and celebrate with my sister-in-law. :)

I'm down for store and lunch too, I'll PM my number now.

Well, it's confirmed, I won't be joining you guys after all. :(
My husband has informed me he has a thing he's got planned that day that I wouldn't dare ask him to miss. (long story short, he's going to be hanging out with one of the guys off the show the Sopranos) so maybe some other time. Have fun!

Sorry to hear that. Ok, so far I have neil, mike and lindsay.

OK we are still on for Sat. at 12:00 Right. Dont want to drive 2+ hrs for nothing right. Still meeting at this place on 5003 Sudley Rd Catharpin Va ? I`ve got my directions and ready to go. Somebody please verify this. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom