Looking for reef club in Winchester Virginia area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkroc701

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I am new to the whole Salt Water and Reef thing, still getting all my stuff together for my set up (I have a 5 gallon not knowing any better but seems to be doing fine so far at 4 or 5 weeks) and asking tones of questions on here.

Anyway I was wondering if there was a club or if there were any Winchester area salt water people on here who would be interested in a club being started? Willing to go 30 miles (Martinsburg, WV or Front Royal VA if you have one there).

Thanks and hope to hear from you guys soon.

Ok so I decided to see how many people would be interested in a reef club in the Winchester, VA area as I am looking to start one if there are enought people interested. Let me know who's out there.

I thought about it, but all the meetings and all are anywhere from 3 to 4 hours one way so I thought I'd try to start a new one if I had enough people locally who where interested.

I cant help since I live in the Richmond area but just wanted to welcome you to this regional forum. I hope you get enough folks in your area.

Thanks any way Mike. I got 2 people interested so far LOL. So is there any good shops down there?

There are two very good shops down here. Fish World and Richmond aquarium. They are within 15 minutes of each other. If you are ever in the area holler at me and I`ll meet you.

So I wasn't able to start one but I found a forum locally that meets up every few months so it pretty much is a club I guess. Thanks everyone who replied and showed intrest.

Do me a favor and let me know when and where they are. It might be worth the trouble to go up there and see.

I'm in Winchester, Virginia, the next get together is the 11th of December in MD. If I can figure out how to PM on here I'll send you the forum name and if you join the guy that hosts it does special buys through his home run shop.

I would be interested in info on the group's meetings too. I'm in Martinsburg, WV. I'd also be interested in any LFSs you've found and what you think of them.

So I was unable to start a club in Winchester, but I found a forum that all of us on has turned into a kinda local club/family. The site is www.tattooed coral.com, it is hosted by a guy who runs a shop out of his home, Livewire Aquatics. He does monthly group buys. Other shops in the area I'd suggest would be Mr. Coral (Freddrick, MD) mainly a coral shop, but is also supposed to carry fish now. Winchester Aquarium (Winchester, VA) when I first got into saltwater aquariums this place was awsome, but has seemed to change a little. They still have a great selection of fish but as for thier coral selection it is mainly colonies now. Noah's Ark (Front Royal, VA) this place has good prices on some things but are way expensive on others so careful as to what you buy there. Blue Ribbon Koi (Manassas, VA) This place is kinda cool, they have a small live stock area, and a smallish drygood area but well worth going to check out at least once. There are a few more I could list but it depends on the direction you want to go.

Back
Top Bottom