Northern Virginia members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottVinVA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone posting here from northern virginia? Anyone love the hobby so much they would like to help me setup my first salt tank? I could probably do it on my own but think the help from someone more SW smart than I am would help.

I want to get a 37-46 gal tank. Bowfront would be nice plus all mechanics. Is it possible to do this with quality equipment for under $600 new? Or am I crazy for thinking I can.

I was the one that posted about used tanks so I could get a used setup or at least tank and stand.

:wink:

I don't think $600 for all new stuff is going to stretch, though not impossible if you shop around and do some research on the equipment you're looking into having for the tank.

I'd advise focusing on filtering systems. This is the most important part of a tank.

I'm not in Virgina at all...in fact I'm 3,000 miles away, but maybe I can help you anyway. Internet has certainly expanded communication abilities.

Given your geographical location I am going to recommend you check out http://www.wamas.org This is the Washington area marine aquarists socity. I am a member even though Im not in the Washington area. Of course you can still be a member here. Someone whom belongs to WAMAS and lives much closer than I do should be willing to help you out at least on a 'mentor' type role.

Where are u in Virginia? Have u heard of a place called Marine Scene? It is located in Herdon, VA near Dulles Airport. They are very cool people and know a lot about the hobby. There shop is one of the best that i have seen. Only problem is that is is kinda far from D.C. when it is rush hour. I would be willing to help u out, i don't know as much as some people on here but I can surely help u out.
www.marinescene.com

Marine Scene is by far the best was just there this week, its small but fantastic and the people are wonderful. They have been there for at least ten years. I remember taking my son there in 2004 after Nemo came out, he wanted to see real Nemo Clown fish. Its in an industrial warehouse not traditional petshop fare only hardcore marine enthusiasts need apply. I love the palce and i dont have a marine tank!

Back
Top Bottom