Any freshwater fish clubs in or near Jax??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mollielover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I'm new to this site although not new to fishkeeping. I've been keeping fish on and off for over 30 years. I'm a moderator on another popular board out there but, I'm looking for some freshwater fish geek friends. My friends and family do not keep fish and they think I'm just a little strange for talking about mine. :lol: I think it is great that aquarium advice has a regional forum section! I've left more info about me and my tanks in the welcome wagon section of the board. I can't wait to meet locals and find out about clubs and activities in our area. :D

Hello Mollielover, sounds as though we might have a few things in common. I have been a fishkeeper for about 30 years and live in the Jacksonville Southside area. I'm not aware of any currently active clubs or societies. Are you primarily Freshwater, Saltwater, Reefer, or a combination. Personally I am most passionate about planted tanks...this is my website:

www.aquariaplants.com

Two people can start a club or society...it has to start somewhere. ;)

Hi Steve,
Yes I am primarily freshwater and planted tank. I live in OP. I'll have to check out your site. starting a salt water tank sounds so complicated although I'm told it's just as easy as freshwater. Also if I bring another tank into this house my husband is going to kill me. I currently have 5 tanks set up. I have had more but scaled back a little so that I could properly keep up with them.

Starting a club aor society sounds like a great idea. The info that I have found on the net is out dated and email addresses out of date. :(

**runs off to check out steves site** :)

hey !

mollielover said:
Hi Steve,
Yes I am primarily freshwater and planted tank. I live in OP. I'll have to check out your site. starting a salt water tank sounds so complicated although I'm told it's just as easy as freshwater. Also if I bring another tank into this house my husband is going to kill me. I currently have 5 tanks set up. I have had more but scaled back a little so that I could properly keep up with them.

Starting a club aor society sounds like a great idea. The info that I have found on the net is out dated and email addresses out of date. :(

**runs off to check out steves site** :)

wow ya have 5 tanks in ur house ?????? i have a 20 gal ... i also have a 30 gal sitting in the garage not being used ... i WOULD use the 30 gal but not enuf room for it..

id like to find a club also .. i stay in riverside ....... i have a freshwater tank..

i have the following....

Nim ( if ya watch the show Surface ya will know why i named it Nim ) sucker fish

Brutus (black molly its HUGE and looks mean )
Ms . Molly (dalmation molly.. just had 6 babies a month ago)
Gay Brothers ( 2 male tequilia sunrise guppies )
Flamer (bright red black fins platy)
2 Lemon Tetras
5 zebras

tommorow im gonna take the zebras , mollies , and nim back ... nim is to big for the tank , ms molly keeps having babies , and brutus is to mean..

Hey,

I live in Jax near baymeadows and phillips. I have been keeping fish a awhile but recently got into Tanganyikans about 2 years ago. I am VERY interested in setting up a group to hang that may become a fish club.

I will throw my neck out and be one of the first 2 people to start it, I have no problems with that. Let's GO!!! I have been looking for a forum with a regonal feature this is great! I joined just for this feature but I'm sure I will find some other things on this site to get addicted to. 8)

If anybody is already getting together and would like some company let me know!

The Tampa Bay Aquarium Society invites you to

our 10th ANNUAL
TROPICAL FISH AUCTION
SEPTEMBER 27th, 2008

Time: Noon - 6:00 PM
Doors Open at 9:00 AM

Directions:
LAKEWOOD HIGH SCHOOL
CAT AUDITORIUM
(far west building of the high school . . . 16th Street)
1400 54th Ave South
ST. PETERSBURG, FLORIDA 33705

This auction features primarily freshwater fish and plants from local club members, hobbyists, farmers and breeders

We're splittin the take

50/50 split if you bring in fish & plants for the auction on auction day Saturday
60/40 split in your favor if you register your fish & plants EARLY

You can register and read the rules at:

TBAS 2008 Annual Auction

Regular Tampa Bay Aquarium Society meets Second Monday at the Florida Aquarium 7:30 PM
Bring a friend

Back
Top Bottom