any NC folks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's my 29g. It hasn't grown out yet. I'm always adding and rearranging:).

Attachments

• classroom and tank 011.jpg
    classroom and tank 011.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 140
All my tanks are planted, never had problems with algae though. Probably because all my tanks have snails and shrimp.

What type of bulbs? I only had an outbreak because I put 2 T5HO's over my tank:facepalm:. Way too much light without CO2 and ferts. Finally found a balance though, I only run 1 6700k bulb now, it's raised off the tank, and I use dry ferts. Starting to get some really nice growth...and no trace of algae. I'm ordering a plant package as soon as I get a list together. What type of plants do you have?

rdog348 said:
The best LFS is "The Sea Chest II" in Morganton. Do you guys grow plants?

I do not since I am just a beginner. But i will put live plants in this tank.

Also I found 100% ammonia at Spencers hardware in town! Win!

Wow..you're lucky. I looked all over this town and couldn't find it about 8 months ago. How's the planning going?

Reygan2 said:
Wow..you're lucky. I looked all over this town and couldn't find it about 8 months ago. How's the planning going?

Well. We have almost everything. Getting a few live plants to start by a local guy. Going to rinse out the sand we bought tomorrow. Having trouble finding driftwood.

Well. We have almost everything. Getting a few live plants to start by a local guy. Going to rinse out the sand we bought tomorrow. Having trouble finding driftwood.

Yeah, that's where the $ comes in. I found a great piece at Fintastics in Charlotte, but it was so expensive. They have a great selection. I'm still searching for that "perfect" piece though.
So you know of a local place to find plants?

Reygan2 said:
Yeah, that's where the $ comes in. I found a great piece at Fintastics in Charlotte, but it was so expensive. They have a great selection. I'm still searching for that "perfect" piece though.
So you know of a local place to find plants?

We are talking to a kid in Black Mountain ATM. We can get the plants from him cheaper than the at petsmart or the pet supermarket in Asheville (drove there today to check prices) got a test kit today also. And bubble wand for my new 10gal for my betta. :)

Kay2lynnS said:
We are talking to a kid in Black Mountain ATM. We can get the plants from him cheaper than the at petsmart or the pet supermarket in Asheville (drove there today to check prices) got a test kit today also. And bubble wand for my new 10gal for my betta. :)

Are you talking to a guy on facebook about buying plants? If so, you're talking to me. Haha!

rdog348 said:
Are you talking to a guy on facebook about buying plants? If so, you're talking to me. Haha!

Idk! Haha my mother is doing it. But i think I did get my 55gal from you...idk

I haven't sold any aquariums in a while, couldn't be me! But I'm talking to a lady at the moment, helping her set it up and put plants in it.

rdog348 said:
I haven't sold any aquariums in a while, couldn't be me! But I'm talking to a lady at the moment, helping her set it up and put plants in it.

Over FB? Meeting Wednesday?

Im in charlotte also i have a 70 gallon tank with an oscar bichir and soon to also have a pike and a red tail botia. And i also have a 30 gallon mudskipper tank

Pics of the tanks

Attachments

• image-1828603727.jpg
    image-1828603727.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2488505787.jpg
    image-2488505787.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom