' best shop(s) in New Orleans/Baton Rouge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BinxBolling

Aquarium Advice Activist
Howdy All - ' any suggestions on what shop(s) in New Orleans or Baton Rouge have the best, largest, healthiest inventory of marine fish? Also - who has the best live rock? All the live rock I have seen looks really washed out/colorless/"dead"
Thanks

Did you check out coral connection in kenner? Nice corals ok on fish. Aqua hut in prairieville pretty good with fish and LR. The aquarium store in BR has ok fish and pretty good LR. Did you check online? Most places if your order is over a certain point you get free shipping.

Thanks - I have been to Coal Connection and they seemed to have nice stuff - but I haven't been to the other shops. As for live rock; I may order through Premier Aquatics -- I ordered from them a few years ago and I was happy. I was just curious if any good live rock was available locally.

I bought live rock at coral connection a few weeks ago and am very happy with it. i found 2 places in mandeville on the net but havent had the chance to get there yet. will probably go after mardi gras is over.

One is Adventure Pets on 190 the other is Fish World on N Causeway. If you go there let me know if its worth the trip across the lake to see what they have.

Back
Top Bottom