Slow Death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LAGlocker

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, it seems this regional forum is dieing a slow painful death here. Not sure, does anyone even check this anymore? If so, why not speak up, put in a topic, anything. If you do check it lets get a topic started, anything you want to talk about. If you want to join go ahead. Lets try to keep this forum going.

Does anyone else want to describe their set-ups? It helps a little to know about everyone else :D
I'm thinking about using Eco-complete in the new 90 gal plant tank, mixed with a little onyx sand. Anyone tried it before?

Sue

Cant say that I have ever used eco-complete. I normally just use gravel, guess you could say as far as substrate goes im low tech lol. I usually just spend most of mine on the fish or filters or even fertz for the plants. Hopefully someone who has used it will say something about it. I have heard good things about eco-complete though.

Yeah, me too...used two different types of gravel in my two planted tanks. I like the idea of a dark substrate, as it's supposed to make the fish more comfortable. I'm going to have a good deal of light on this tank, whereas on my others I had much less, so we'll see, Ive seen lots of good responses to this stuff, it's just awfully expensive to ship, wish someone around here had it. Have you been to Band B? I've thought about checking it out, usually go to P'cola cause they have more reef stores....but may go to Mobile on my vacation. Any places there you would suggest?

I use B and B alot, I am a member of their vip club, get discounts and such. Its a pretty decent store, even if they do have higher prices than I like. They have a good selection of fish, but not many plants.

Well, I might just have to make a trip that way as soon as I get time, I can ALWAYS use another excuse to go to the fish store. :D
I'm pretty amazed at the number of people from AL that post on these forums, seems like more would post on this one...maybe they dont know about it?

If you haven't already read about it, there's going to be a "gathering" in Evensville, TN 4/17 & 4/18 for fish lovers. It's at The Fish Store just outside of Chattanooga. It's usually about every 3 months. I went in January and had a blast. I won't be going this time only because I waited too long to get a plane ticket, but plan on being there for the next one. People have been posting in the Tennessee forum and also in the lounge on fishgeeks. Many will be trading fish and plants. It's a really great time. Bernie at The Fish Store is one of the sponsors here and a really great guy. I met Fishfreak at the last one. You won't be disappointed!

Back
Top Bottom