Yard Right Playsand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YardRight Sand

I have not found one place in the south that sells it... It is almost like a sand conspiracy or something.

It seems like it just doesn't get shipped down here. How dissapointing.

I'm asking my family up North to keep an eye out for some. Wouldn't it be great to buy a pallet?

It is made of either calcite or aragonite and that is great for keeping reef/marine and cichlid tanks high in cal/alk.. Great buffering and looks..

I beleive they stopped selling to Olde Castle or Olde Castle just started using other sand for their play sand.

Home Depot carries it but I don't believe they bag the Carribean play sand. That's the aragonite based sand from off the coast of the Bahamas.

Yard Right sand

Anybody still looking for Yard Right Sand (its actually not sand - as you probably know).

I bought a pallet back a few yrs ago. We use the "sand" out of the bags for a product we make. We sift out all the shells and natural sea life debris. I have 50-60 pounds of this sifted material. I have sifted it into two different grain sizes - one pea gravel size, the other slightly larger than large sand grains I was selling it to neighbors that had tanks. I have some left - anyone interested. I can ship flat rate anywhere. I will try to post a pic - if you don tsee one, just ask
Don
eastcoastholds@hotmail.com
sand.jpg

Back
Top Bottom