Anyone on the northside of chicago?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaphia1

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just moved to the edgewater neighborhood of Chicago. Any one close know of some places that might have shrimp selections...

Most the places I have seen are really expensive. Old town aquarium has red cherries for $7 or $8 a piece! I bought mine from eBay and aquabid for less than a dollar each. Schaumburg has a place called Aquarium Adventure which is large and has many nice tanks both fresh and salt. It's worth it to just look around. I haven't been in a year or so but the prices were reasonable. Some staff was very knowledgable and others needed some work.

Have you been to living sea aquarium? It's a pretty big place in park ridge their prices are decent in most things, sometimes a little high but is a nice store

I visit SPEEDY over at LS in Park Ridge every chance I get. He's the giant puffer in the pond where you walk in. I always give them a donation for food for SPEEDY. They recently downsized a bit. They closed the room with the new aquariums, moved the plants to a tank with snails (The girl thought, no snails, but when I QT'd the plants, snails showed up in the vases; shellfish/mollusk allergy here).

I've seen tanks with shrimp, but I think they were the red ones and the clear ones.

I haven't been to the LFS in Schamburg, but would love to go.

Back
Top Bottom