Central Ohio- store credit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpinkerton

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the threads here. I recently purchased 5 mollies and a couple weeks later one of my mollies had fry. I had the feeling she was pregnant but wasn't sure because I had never had mollies and didn't know if she was pregnant or just a plumpier fish naturally. They were born over night and when I awoke and saw them I frantically scooped up 13 and couldn't find anymore. I got home from work that evening and found 4 more giving me a total of 17. Unprepared, I had nothing to put them in except a ziplock bag that I attached to the tank (to keep them warm). I'm preparing a 38 gallon tank currently because I noticed this morning that another 2 are looking mightly plumpy suddenly. With the timing, I know that I purchased them already pregnant. I have a couple of friends with tropical fish and they will be taking a few of them off my hands. My question is, does anyone know of an aquarium store in central ohio that will take them and give store credit for them? If not, does anyone know of a store that will just take them? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

jack's has always been my favorite (at least the springfield location) check them out they have 2 locations in columbus I believe. If they don't take them off your hands they will point you in the right direction.

Depends on where you are in Central Ohio. Jack's is on the west side of Columbus, Aquarium Adventure is on the north side. I don't know the policies of either, but you could ask. If the mollies aren't any special variety, I doubt they'll be bought or received by the stores. That's the risk you take with the livebearers.

Your best bet, if you dont want to keep them, is to do nothing with the fry. Nature will takes its course, and you may end up with 1 or 2 once its all said and done.

Put them in the classifieds section on here and if you don't get any takers go to craigslist. I got rid of a dozen or so guppies on here.

Back
Top Bottom