Evansvillians?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrp1588

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anybody around here from in or around Evansville Indiana? Seems like this isn't a very popular hobby here, so I'd be surprised.

From there..

Originally from there. Moved to Avon (Indianapolis west suburb) few years ago. Not much here either... :zip:

My last name is Evans....does that count?

haha, finally, after this post has been up 4 months, we have an evansvillian...and on fall festival week no less. must be a miracle. hah

Hi I'm in Indiana.
Bubbymac, I'm originally from Montezuma
no transplanted to Greene county.
I have a 55 gallon saltwater

Hi I'm in Indiana.
Bubbymac, I'm originally from Montezuma
no transplanted to Greene county.
I have a 55 gallon saltwater[/quote]

I am not rich by no means we just work very hard for everything my husband and I have. I have to tanks, I have a 120 gallon and I have a 55 gallon. both are african cichlid tanks. Today however I lost 4 fish due to my heaters mal functioning. I lost 2 frontosas, a sexfasciatus and a eureka. One of my frontosas was 5in long and I'd had him since he was a youth. He was my favorite. What tanks do you have? and where do you buy your fish from?

Haha, I meant to offense by the rich comment. It's just fun to have inside jokes with the locals. I considered calling you a cake eater all in fun. That's a shame about your fish though, What kind of heater did you have?

Personally I have 3 tanks. 1st is a 75gal high tech planted south american setup. If you decide to ever go planted I'm your go to guy around here. None of the local stores have a plant selection to speak of. My 2nd tank is a 55gal for my turtle. My third tank is a 29gal which is currently my all purpose beeder/growout/QT tank, but I plan to convert it to a reef tank this summer.

I mostly buy my fish from harps, sometimes petsmart, sometimes pet food center, aquarium concepts if I'm feeling rich. They have a great african cichlid selection as I'm sure you know. I've also bought some of my fish online.

I've heard about the rich newburgh jokes....I wasn't trying to sound *****y. I'm sorry if it sounded that way. I've tried south american cichlids before but I didn't like them as much as I did the africans. Most of mine I bought from aquarium concepts but you're right she is very expensive, some I've bought from petsmart. I've only gotten a couple from harps usually I'm not too impressed with their africans. There is one place I'd like to go to one day its called bluegrass aquatics, it's in louisville. I've never tried the live plant thing, I've got a couple fake plants in my tank and my cichlids are constantly picking at them...well they use to the one who did it the most just died today. I do have a 30 gallon with stand and light for sale if you know anybody who's interested. I really don't want to get rid of it but right now my husband doesn't want 3 tanks set up right now.

Yeah, can't beat aquarium concept's african selection around here. For most other types of FW fish harps is on par or better than them though.

I know this thread is 2.5 years old but I live close to Owensboro KY which is Less that an hour from Evansville. Don't have many to share my hobby interest around here so thought I would reply. I have a 75 gallon reef tank that I want to upgrade badly!!!!

Back
Top Bottom