Looking for a Chicago Buddy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello everyone just looking for a Chicago friend thats in to SW tanks and knows a good LFS in the chicago area more in the inner city of chicago nothing south or way west... if you know and your in chicago let me know....

Thanks
Frankie

i also know nothing about saltwater... just got into fish tanks and starting up a freshwater right now. I've recently visited a fish store called Old Town Aquarium. They have a great selection for both saltwater and freshwater tanks. They are located near my apt and I live in Lincoln Park. You should look them up... just do a quick google search to find their exact location.

i also know nothing about saltwater... just got into fish tanks and starting up a freshwater right now. I've recently visited a fish store called Old Town Aquarium. They have a great selection for both saltwater and freshwater tanks. They are located near my apt and I live in Lincoln Park. You should look them up... just do a quick google search to find their exact location.

Oh yes I live in bucktown i know exactly where that is at ...... Never been there but if you want free parking you have to buy $20 worth of stuff....lol I also know of another Ocean Design Aquarium also like OTA..... But i'm just looking for other places cause it seems as if those 2 places are the only ones in the city which suck.....

Old Town is just beautiful-like a jewelry store. Kinda spendy, but definitely worth visiting.

I've read very good reviews of Living Sea, but never been there.

My home town is in suburbs of chicago. I have been to the living seas. Their corals did not impress me much. They have all full colonies that are quite pricy and no frags. Not bad or anything just nothing special. Their fish were a different story. They were all very healthy and active. Very vivid colors and seemed to be well taken care of. A very good place to get your fish from. Either way a good place to take a trip out to. Nice store.

hey whats up im on the southside, dont know much about saltwater and can tell you there arent any great stores in the city....

Yeah I only go to one right now Ocean Design Aquarium on Irving Park and Harlem more up north about 15-30 minutes away from my home

Old thread, but if you are still here TANK, I know quite a few but they are a drive, quality mostly private bred fish. both fresh and salt.

Wow, I forgot all about this Thread..... Well, So Far in my Journey I have visited a few LFS, The Living Sea Which are way over priced on everything, but they are in a rich area so people will pay that don't know no better. Old Town is just Ridiculous in everything they sell even Fish, Ocean Design is ok there store is a Littele Sloppy even though I did buy most of my fish from there... I have been in Advance Aquatic which is a Real Nice store They have a Massive Frag Tank actually a few massive Frags tanks., Also Tropic Aquatics which have a real good selecetion of fish and dry goods.... But other than that I have find a few chicago buddys on RC and a lot of them did not even know about AA.... I told some to cme and join but a lot like to stick with just one.:p

There is one in deerfield too, I forgot the name but its huge. um aquarium adventures in hoffman estates at golf and roselle rd just off 90.

sea escapes in south elgin. beyond the reef in schaumburg.

I found quite a few in chicago proper last night but im not on the same comp I saved the links on.

Im just trying to find a nice FW store anywhere in the chicagoland area that has a good selection if not great of non common fish. different varieties different strains you know.

Hay you tried The Living Sea... They have a great Selection of FW Fish.... There on Devon and Cumberland

Havnt yet but gonna put em in my GPS. get off at cumberland and go south right? or is devon north of the kennedy?

Yeah if your going west on the Kennedy coming towards chicago you would go North on Cumberland Better yet here is the address GPS it.

811 Devon Ave Park Ridge, IL 60068

When you walk in your going to be like....

:band::smilecolros::band::lol::-o(y):bowl::onfire:... All that in one....

Ok, yeah I saved that the other day from a yahoo local search, i hear they are quite rude there though, My kids go with me and I dont tolerate bad customer service. I havnt gone myself so Ill reserve that when and IF it happens.

thanks though, old town was bad huh?

There just way over priced, Old Town they are cool and a cool place to go to but, I wouldn't spend my money there I went there the first time and spend my money on a New skimmer spent more than I should.

Yeah the living sea I heard is like that. They think there :butt: don't Stink.

That sucks Ive been passing up deals on RO units right now like crazy, 200 bucks for a 350 dollar unit at birds and beasts in crystal lake thats crazy cheap for a kit.

Dude go to BRS they have the best units buy far I believe. You can get a good 75GPD for about $159. And there customer service is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom