Source for cheap sand in Illinois

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loganizzi

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anyone have a good source for sand in the Illinois area? Does Home Depot, Lowes or Menards (or anyone else for that matter) sell sand that is compatible with aquarium life?

Thanks

i just went to my local cement dealer and asked if they had any really fine sand. the guys hooked me up with like 3, 75 lbs. bags of sand blasting sand. very white and very fine. it all cost me 7 dollars.

So, can I pick up any fine grain sand? Is there stuff I have to look out for that can be in comercial or play sand that will be fatal in my tank?

Southdown Tropical Play Sand in Chicagoland

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have Southdown Tropical Play Sand in the Chicagoland area. Do a search on this site to find out how incredible this sand really is.
The only way I could get these 50 lb bags was to buy a whole pallet. Needless to say I didn't turn a swimming pool into a reef tank so I have a little extra. $17.50 sound reasonable and all the money made will go to trying to afford live rock. The next big step in the evolution of my tank
Let me know what you think, 35 cent a pound seem to blow the alternatives out of the water Thanks
Call me at my cell number and ask about the sand 630-880-8176

Back
Top Bottom