Tropical Reef - Toledo, OH - Been there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Burks

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My girlfriend and I went to the Super Wal-Mart today and as we were going home (a different way than before), I noticed a fish store. The name was Tropical Reef. They do have some freshwater fish, the door said so, but I didn't have time to stop in.

Just curious if anyone has visited this store and had any reviews. I'm always looking for a new place to shop. Seems the smaller shop in Toledo and the area are REALLY good. I love Trilby's and Gary's.

Directions

think i'll stop by monday? i know you told me, but is it just after wal-mart? on the left or right?

I can't remember which side of the road it's on actually. If you are going North on S.McCord I "think" it's on the right hand side.

Probably easiest just to use the driving directions.

besides selling me the 20 gallon and stand, they threw in some TLC (like bio-spira i guess) for free

That's pretty cool!

I was in the area two days ago but the girlfriend wasn't feeling well so we headed home instead.

What happened to the Ohio people? Everyone give up the hobby?

you know, i just noticed, but these threads have 90+ views, so someones wandering around checking these out

hc8719 said:
guess everyone thought they'd watch the tom noe trial instead

Haha!

He makes my other hobby look bad. Not all coin collectors/dealers are cheats, just a majority. :lol:

thats weird, i collected coins too, until i started putting all my money towards the sw tank...

I love collecting coins. I try to go to the Toledo show each month.

I'm starting a NGC Signature Set with coins featuring fish. Should be fun.

Well I just went to Tropical Reef.

Was kind of "iffy" in the freshwater depeartment. Lots of nice SW fish though. Raning from about $15 to $250. Their one big display tank is pretty darn stunning.

burks, dont by anything there, its all over priced.

percula clownfish were $16 at pet supplies plus (on airport) and $19 at gary's but $44 at tropical reef. thats just one example

peppermint shrimp run at $7-9, but are $15 at tropical reef, and i doubt their membership thing helps enough to make it worth it

I have been in there and it is the best store I have seen so far in this city for corals and anemones, like the stuff that is not usually in these parts, the guy gets his stuff from chicago I guess and they are kinda decently priced there was a 5 headed hammer head coral pink and they told me they wanted 55 which if you got that size off the website somewhere it would be way more. the wife tries to push sales but the guy is awesome, its a mom n pop store owned by a cpl. I went in there to get filters for my hang over the back filter and surrender my one spot foxface because it was eating my coral (bastage) and they had a brand new sump system and the guy told me everything for 200 including the pump and all I needed and I told him I was broke and he dropped it and said he would have it for a cpl days if I wanted to put some money to hold it down and I told him I was laid off and had to wait he completely dropped it but the wife would not shut up about it telling me they take credit cards even after I said that. don't like her but the rest is awesome in there! go check it out. thanks for this post I was looking for people in toledo who was in the hobby to chat with and associate with incase of issues and help ya know! I have only been in the hobby since jan 12th and just got things down to keep my inverts happy then I get ich on my regal tang and to find out I could have used my uv sanitizer with my new sump all along I just was too tired to think after putting that sump under the stand, that was a pain and now the bulb is out which sucks gotta get another one tomorrow...ugh! Hope this helps with your ?! but when I get money I am going back to get some great stuff for my tank coral wise!!!!

Back
Top Bottom