Water quality in St. Paul, MN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

isu712

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is there anyone here who lives in St. Paul? I want to know what kind of ferts to dose my planted tank with, but someone told me I should find out whats in the tap water I use first. Does anyone have any idea what the Nitrate, Phosphate or Potassium levels in the tap water are? I was told I should be able to find out if I call or find the website for the water district, but so far I've had no luck finding either the website or the phone number. I've tested for hardness and I get 8dGH, so I'm not too worried about the micronutrients. If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.

http://service.govdelivery.com/docs/STPAUL/STPAUL_472/STPAUL_472_20050616_en.pdf

Although this is a few years old it looks like you can get the information from the phone numbers listed. Most f these county employees would be happy to answer your questions. You can probably even take some tap water out of your house to them and they will let you know how it tests out.

Remember that the tests are before the water goes to the distribution system. The best test is right in your own home.

Back
Top Bottom