97.1 The Eagle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lyquidphyre

Aquarium Advice Addict
If you, like many others, are angered by Clear Channels brilliant idea to take The Eagle off air, I am starting the "Clear Channel needs to pull the corporate stick out its a$$" campaign. Please visit the following site and leave as many complaints and comments your little heart desires-

http://www.kegl.com/

Maybe if enough people bitch and say they will only listen to 93.3 The Bone a NON Clear Channel station (truth or not) they will realise how much they are actually losing.

Please post this in as many appropriate forums as possible and maybe The Eagle will find its way back on the air.

Thanks for your time

Yeah, what was up with THAT??? Talk a bout a total format change.

I called them up and they said the ratings weren't high enough?? What do the think they're gonna get with the crap they're playing now??????? :evil: I thought it was some kinda joke!

The edge is ok. Lots of whiny singers, but some good songs. I can't stand classic rock, been there done that. So no 92.5 or 93.3 for me. Sometime for variety I listen to 1003.3 or 106.1 or 102.9 until I can't stand it anymore and flip back, just to escape the same five songs (or endless commercials).

It would be nice if stations would venture out and play something other than the same songs over and over till I want to vomit whenever I hear them. I remember once this DJ played a song he heard over on a trip to Europe that was the new thing over there. It was a cool song. It was refreshing.

It seems like everything's become so generic. We have generic vomit spewing from the news, from tv shows, from movies, from magazines, from radio, and books. I look at the titles on the NY Times bestseller list and wonder, why? It's the same generic crap over and over most of the time. Oh yes, John Grisham again. I didn't like him the first time and I won't like him the 6th, 7th, 8th time he hacks something together, each novel progresively worse than the first, the "originality" gone (if any) on repetition. I don't care about who you're gonna meet in heaven, or chicken soup, or the 7 habits, or how someone thinks you can get rich quick and lose 40 lbs on some atkins diet ripoff.

Im one of those "punk rockers" by heart and it kills me that this generation thinks those whiney bands (Blink182, New Found Glory etc etc) are "punk". I can't stand the 9'o'clock cock fight on the Edge cuz 12 year olds think that Blue October is so much better than The Beastie Boys. It was nice to be able to hear Tool, NIN, Audoslave, Soundgarden, Metallica and things like that when you get annoyed with all the other crap on all the other stations.

I hear that the edge and 92.5 will try and pick up some of the slack, but not all of it.

I think im just going to get XM radio or something Satellite.

The ratings werent high enough?? Thats what I don't get! You would not belive how many people I know that are pissed off about this, im pretty sure most of DFW is pretty pissed off. They should have tried to do something like "if we don't get higher ratings we go off the air, come out to such and such and show your support" Im sure their ratings would have gone throo the roof if we had known they planned on pulling the plug.

the only "con" about cd's is its not very random. The thing that i like about the radio is "Oh! I like this song!!" ya know? cuz its random and you don't realize you want to hear it until its played

lyquidphyre said:
the only "con" about cd's is its not very random. The thing that i like about the radio is "Oh! I like this song!!" ya know? cuz its random and you don't realize you want to hear it until its played

zactly.

When I think of punk I think of the early 80's. Wasn't much into it. I seem to be have a range of preference I guess. I'm sorta tiring of my Linkin Park, Korn, Limp Bizkit, Metallica, Tool phase. I need something new I guess. But not that sunny crap. I think if anything a whole lot less people will listen to that? What's their mew market? Nursing homes???? I though there were already plenty of crappy lite stations already.

Has anyone used XM before? Is it worth it? It's probably too high tech for my car. LOL.

I plan to look into it and will report back *nod*

You know, we already have Delila - why do we need another station like that? It makes NO SENSE. How many more times can we target that middle age crowd??

Back
Top Bottom