a cup of sand for a neighbor in need?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikenegue

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to thank everyone for the wonderful advice and help in getting prepared for our first fish tank -- this really is a great community. If you hadn't seen my other post, I just bought a used 60 gallon acrylic tank & stand that I'm giving to my wife as a gift. We just cleaned it out and it's sitting empty in our living room at the moment. We want to set it up as a FOWLR saltwater tank with a clownfish, several tangs and a few other low-maintenance fish and critters.One of the pieces of advice (quite appropriate for a tight graduate student budget) is to buy mostly "dead" sand and rock and to seed it with "live" sand and rock that local aquarists would be willing to share with me.

***Do you have a cup of live sand/rock that I could borrow (I'd be willing to return the cup of sand/rock back -- with the added biodiversity from everyone else's cups of sand -- to you after I've seeded my sand/rock)?

If you've got some live sand or rock that you could part with, I'm in Hollywood, so the closer you are the better. Of course I'd be willing to drive a reasonable distance to get to where you are. Thanks again for helping us get started.

mikenegue@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom