Long Beach newbie - where to find Bio-Spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ivy19

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. My husband and I have a 75 gal saltwater tank that is still cycling. I have done a lot of reading and searching on line. I hear good reports on an additive called Bio-Spira. Most recommend finding a source that keeps it refrigerated. Does anyone in the Long Beach/So. Cal. area know where I can purchase it?

Thanks, Ivy

How long has it been cycling?You can do the fishless cycle .I have done it in 9 days and all you need is a shrimp from the grocerie store.(maybe a couple for your size tank.ill get you the link..

Thanks for the info

The tank's been cycling for 5 weeks. A local service set it up and after about a week, put in a few damsels. Last week they added 3 more fish at my request (my bad, I was having a party). Anyway, the ammonia is still in the .05 zone - the service is coming tomorrow to do a water change. Anyway, like I said, I've read that bio-spira is good at speeding the cycling process. I've already put in some ammo-loc - don't want to be responsible for killing the fish my vanity forced in there. So the fishless cycling is not an option (unless, of course, the fish all die - sigh).

Any other suggestions?

Ivy

I wouldnt put fish in there unless the ammonia was at zero.What I did to speed up my cycle was lower the light time to 8 hours a day .I think 5 weeks is a long time to have a tank cycle.I am not sure what could be wrong.Post in the saltwater section im sure you would get more help there.

Back
Top Bottom