Looking for a good fish store in northwest houston/cypress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

papa_bear_21

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any good places in that general area? I have bought fish from both the petsmart and petco, and we seem to have nothing but problems with the fish, course some of it could be due to tank issues. I am not planning on adding anymore fish at the moment, but am looking for a place with a wider selection of fish, and maybe some more exotic ones that the pet places wont carry. Plus I'm on the hunt for a larger tank, and am lookin for a place that stocks 75+ tanks...

I'm in the 290/1960 area...

Thanks in advance,

Bear

after some time and research, and visiting a few places...Aquarium World has become my choice LFS. Friendly, knowledgable, and helpful staff. Large selection, as well as an awesome display setup...

I can see no one has used this form in a while, so I hope it's still being checked.

There is a store called Fish Gallery off of 59 and Kirby. It's actually on the service road going towards Sugarland right before the Kirby light. I know it's not on the Northwest side of town, but that store is AMAZING! I love it!

Aside from Aquarium World, I have found it to be the best. The people working there are very knowledgeable and all have tanks of their own. They have a saltwater section that is really neat too.

If you ever get a chance to go to that side of town, I would check it out.

A friend of mine who lives in Spring says the store Ultlimate Fish on 2920 is a good store. She say's it's small, but good. I have yet to venture over to it, but one of these days I will.

T & T fish and reptiles, on south hwy 6 in the sugarland area is a great store as well. They have some of the harder to find plecos, as well as a great variety of other fish. Friendly staff, with great service and knowledge.

Pretty late to add to this thread.. but I live in the Medical Center area, and really DON'T like Fish Gallery... I found them to be a bit trite, not helpful, and misleading, and not to mention, very expensive. I purchased 12 blue green chromis and a yellow tang... 7 of the chromis died within a week... they had tested my water and had told me the water was fine.. and the tang never ate anything in my tank. I called them told them and it was brushed off. Before my tang died, I asked them to take him back, even if I didn't get anything in return, and they refused. I was told to get some live brine shrimp to entice him to feed.. I said I would be down that afternoon to get some.. when I got there, they informed me they had not had brine shrimp in weeks.

So... I go to Fish Ranch near Bellaire and 59. I couldn't be happier with them.

I also go to Fish Land on Westheimer at Eldridge. A bit of a drive.. but they usually have a pretty good selection and have good prices.

Aquarium world will steal your money !!! they are only good for getting cleaner crews and a few chemicals, other then that, everything else there is a rip off price.

BB fish and pet, on 1960 has super cheap fish and corals, clowns for 15 bucks, tangs for 30, stars for 10, emerald crabs for 6, live rock 4.99 lb and 3.99 lb for 40lb and up.

BB fish and pet sells things really cheap, BUT they equiptment, chemicals, and everythhing else is over priced. but the fish tankes are well priced.

there is currently a 55 gallon tank in there for 150 w/ lights and filter.

so aquarium world for chemicals. petsmart for test kits, filters, sand, and bb fish and pet for live stock.

Back
Top Bottom