lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't purchased anything on-line but locally, within 30 minutes drive from my home, there are two Big Al's, a PetLand, Kind Ed's Pet Center (and numerous Petceteras, Petsmarts and large chain stores).

The Big Al's have impressive 2500 gallon shark tanks, Tuesday night 7PM "Feeding Frenzy" big sale in the store plus they feed the sharks. Fun to watch.
They have a grouper of some sort that has a head larger than mine. I had a staring contest with him about 2 inches from my face... Pretty intimidating. I had to disqualify him because he was cheating... no eye lids, that bastard! :evil:

King Ed's is amazing. (Don't go if you are claustrophobic... tight isles and packed to the rafters with ton's of product) They are a little 'Mom & Pop' shop but they carry an inventory of a store that is about 5 to 7 times it's size. Amazing prices.

It be worth a trip up from Seattle just to check it out. Not to mention the cheap Canadian buck (aka North American Peso).

cool anyway we psas is thinking of getting a group to go on a road trip up there!!!

Primarily I use J&L Aquatics. Best prices and quality I've found anywhere in the lower mainland.

King Ed's is where I mainly take my frags to trade as it's the closest and the best trade in deal. They usually give me $15.00 per frag on a trade only basis. It does have a great selection most of the time.

Cheers
Steve

seeing that some members come from BC like steve have you ever brought fish/corals over the border?

Never tried it. I have no idea if it would require permits or not. Guess it's definatle on the "must check" list. :p

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom