LFS with Celestial Pearl Danios? (C-Springs or Denver)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stooker

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi fellow CO enthusiasts! I'm in the C-Springs area and looking for an LFS in town or as far out as Denver (I guess Pueblo as well) that stocks celestial pearl danios. I only seen them in pictures and videos and would love an opportunity to see them in real life. I'm very interested in adding them to my community tank and prefer to buy from an LFS.

Fish Den (44th & Sheridan in Denver) and Aquatic Dog (Quebec & Evans in Denver) both carry them fairly regularly. I believe Neptunes (470 & University in Denver) also carries them. We used to have a bunch of those (also known as galaxy rasboras) and the burmese zebra rasboras. I could keep you posted as I go to about 5 of the local fish stores (almost) every Sunday with my girl to check out the fresh stock. I have a funeral to go to tomorrow so I'm skipping this week but I could let u know next weekend.

Fish Den (44th & Sheridan in Denver) and Aquatic Dog (Quebec & Evans in Denver) both carry them fairly regularly. I believe Neptunes (470 & University in Denver) also carries them. We used to have a bunch of those (also known as galaxy rasboras) and the burmese zebra rasboras. I could keep you posted as I go to about 5 of the local fish stores (almost) every Sunday with my girl to check out the fresh stock. I have a funeral to go to tomorrow so I'm skipping this week but I could let u know next weekend.

Neptunes has em' just saw them last week for 5 or 6 bucks I think. Not sure though.

Hey all! Thanks for the info. I actually bought a bunch from Aquatic Dog about a month ago. Pretty healthy stock, they are doing well!

That's good to hear. The lady at Aquatic Dog is a really nice gal and I believe it's her daughter that's the younger blonde in the store dealing with the puppies. Good to see u support local business!!

The young guy who helped me was awesome. He was trying to catch those CPDs as best he could while squatting down at the lower tank. He made sure I got the ones I wanted.

Colorado Springs LFSs, for the most part, leave lots to be desired. IMO only one is semi decent and then all that's left are the big stores.

I know you already got some but About Fish in Westminster ~ 72nd and Federal

CPD were appx 4 for $10 (maybe it was $12) Aqua Imports likes to get about 8.99 for one! Nice fish too. Usually really fair prices. Make sure they charge you correctly when they ring you up. Have had issues like getting charged the price for 1 fish when I am getting the certain number for certain price deal, I am not insinuating dishonesty just not looking at the specials pricing.

It's a bit late, but I got my CPD from Seascape at Union/Academy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom