Strength of the aquarium scene in Denver area.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aqua_chem

Aquarium Advice Addict
Greeting fine peoples of the state of Colorado!

I'm currently looking at spending the next four or so years in the Denver area (specifically the Aurora area) and am wondering what the general perception of the area is as far as the aquarium hobby goes. I'm mainly interested in FW planted tanks, but enjoy the variety. How is the availability of species in the area? Is there an aquarium club or organization that you can recommend? Can you recommend the Denver area in general?

Cheers,

AC

I live in aurora and have a freshwater planted tank! Tthere are only 3 main lfs that i go to. All of wich are in the metro area. There is nothing big around here. But there is definitly a community forr it. You just have to find it :)

aqua_chem- I had typed up a huge reply, and lost it, so I will try a quicker version.

The most "best" stuff I can recommend is Original Pancake house in Boulder, McGuckins Hardware in Boulder, Flatirons crossing/Mall in Broomfield, Celestial Seasonings, sample all the tea you can hold and see the packaging facility and gift shop, there is a neat little cafeteria, check for hours though, in North Boulder.

Totally unimpressed with Aquatic Exotics on Arapahoe, half of the times, I went there I was completely ignored, all I can say is I hope their experience makes up for a lack of customer service, two times I walked in walked around just to see what they had and walked out with out seeing an employee, they have been there for as long as I can remember.

Heard there is a new one in Boulder, have never been, will try and go soon.

Catfish Charlie's in Lafayette, I think off South Boulder Road x Hwy 287. Nice guy, small shop, hit or miss on stock.

I heard they had Aquasoil at Aquamart, though whether they're still carrying it I do not know. Any input?

Congratulations on making it that far. Waiting can make you crazy. How many months/weeks/or a semester, kinda thing would be usual for you to know you have your opening and make your move?

Back
Top Bottom