1 fish per gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgrosh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have a 2.5 gallon tank with 5 glofish in it. I have one of every color and two pink ones Im considering getting a blue one because the last one i had died because he was to small(about half the size of the others) and i also am thinking about getting a penguin glo fish (their white). One pet store told me that five fish in a 2.5 gallon tank is too many he then mentioned the inch of fish per gallon. But they are happy and have plenty of room to swim. Any suggestions on what i should do.

I don't think they should be in that small tank. I recommend that you either get a 20 gallon tank or get rid of them and put a Betta or shrimp in the 2.5. The 1 inch per gallon rule is also not the best to follow.

5 glofish in a 2.5g tank is too much. Glofish are modified zebra danios and they need lots of room to swim and stretch their fins. If you want to keep the glofish, I would recommend at LEAST a 10g tank, although a 20g long is better. If you want to keep the 2.5g I would recommend a single betta fish instead.

i wouldnt reccomend any fish for a 2.5. and the glofish need,as stated above,a MINIMUM of 20 gallons. but you can have a bunch if you get a 20

I wouldn't actually recommend even a betta for that tank I have ask of mine in a five gal our bigger and they are a lot happier try looking into shrimp for the 2.5 and at least a ten for the glow fish

I had that many glo-fish in a 12 and it seemed ...cramped. They're in a 20 tall now and loving life. They need to dart around and get crazy when they wanna play. They simply can not do that in anything under a 10 gal (some would even argue that point).

The 2.5 is WAAAAAAAAY too small man. Go on craigslist and find a 10 g tank (AT LEAST) for like $15 with parts, then transfer em into that.

2.5 could MAYBE do a betta, but even then it'd be pretty tight.

small fish

one thing the fish i have are less than an inch big

one thing the fish i have are less than an inch big

I know it hurts man, but they're telling you the truth. I had a 10 gallon tank where I wanted to just pack it as I hated to see empty spaces all the time and packed it with glofish(3x green, 3x pink, 3x grey(grey dots and black), 3x blue, and 3x yellow, all the colors I found at petsmart. they unfortunately were going to die(half of them died within 3 months and no ammonia was found as I took very good care of my tank). This might sound illegal, but I went to petsmart the next day, bought back glofish, and returned the dead ones( I was 17, sorry). They all died within 6 months again.

I learned my lesson, I had all the colors because it was a good way to get girls in my room. It could take time but eventually they will get stressed out.

With that 2.5G tank, you could get a shrimp, my friend also has a 2.5G and he put a some kind of shark that never grew more than 2 inches at the end.

I know it hurts man, but they're telling you the truth. I had a 10 gallon tank where I wanted to just pack it as I hated to see empty spaces all the time and packed it with glofish(3x green, 3x pink, 3x grey(grey dots and black), 3x blue, and 3x yellow, all the colors I found at petsmart. they unfortunately were going to die(half of them died within 3 months and no ammonia was found as I took very good care of my tank). This might sound illegal, but I went to petsmart the next day, bought back glofish, and returned the dead ones( I was 17, sorry). They all died within 6 months again.

I learned my lesson, I had all the colors because it was a good way to get girls in my room. It could take time but eventually they will get stressed out.

With that 2.5G tank, you could get a shrimp, my friend also has a 2.5G and he put a some kind of shark that never grew more than 2 inches at the end.
thats called stunting. do NOT get a shark for a 2.5

Back
Top Bottom