1 month old community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaplantfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
25 gal new setup- eheim 2213 canister filter.

My ammo 0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0

I added 4 red platy
1 angelfish

3 platy died and the angelfish and the last platy are doing very good, no sigh of illness or any problem And very active.

I do want 2 more red platy and one angelfish but I don't know if i should add them because it's a new setup, I do have a strong canister filter that does three time the filter recommended.

Attachments

• image-2372140083.jpg
    image-2372140083.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 113
Looks pretty small to be a 25g, judging by the fish. However, I would NOT want to do the math to figure out the volume on that unique shape! LOL

Looks pretty small to be a 25g, judging by the fish. However, I would NOT want to do the math to figure out the volume on that unique shape! LOL

Lol I was wondering the same, as the seller sold me a 20g as I'm guessing. No where the seller to be found and I bought it for my mother and it's at her place.

Have you tested water? Platies are pretty hardy so something must be off.

I think it's the light timer, caz I set it to 12 hr now I change it to 9hr for the live plant at the back of the tank and my temp is at 82•f

You can at the platies but not another angel. Angels get about 8in tall and 6in long. Way to big for a 25.

You can at the platies but not another angel. Angels get about 8in tall and 6in long. Way to big for a 25.

I think I will bring down the temp and I guess I'll keep it as that my mom isn't gonna be too happy caz she wanted one more angelfish lol

I have to say with those levels it doesn't look like your tank is cycled at all. You should have some sort of nitrate reading when it's cycled. Cycling isn't the amount of time the tank is run but means the bacterial cycle that builds up to process the ammonia to nitrite and the nitrite to nitrate. That might be the reason you lost your fish. Also are you using test strips or a master kit. Test strips are notoriusly inaccurate and end up being more expensive in the long run.

I have to say with those levels it doesn't look like your tank is cycled at all. You should have some sort of nitrate reading when it's cycled. Cycling isn't the amount of time the tank is run but means the bacterial cycle that builds up to process the ammonia to nitrite and the nitrite to nitrate. That might be the reason you lost your fish. Also are you using test strips or a master kit. Test strips are notoriusly inaccurate and end up being more expensive in the long run.

I use master kit, I did the reading yesterday and I got some nitrate reading, then did the weekly water change and got 2 read platy

On my stablished 50 g tank for about 2 years
Has

0A
0N
0N

That should be ok rite?

Back
Top Bottom