10 Gal Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAH

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well I have a 10 gal cycled tank set up right now with 1 Albino Cory, 1 Three Lined Cory, and 2 Zebra Nerite Snails. And I was looking to stock it a little more. I had a betta in there until one day he was super aggressive, and I took him out and put him in a 1 gal tank I had laying around. I'm pretty open to any stocking suggestion out there really.

RAH said:
Well I have a 10 gal cycled tank set up right now with 1 Albino Cory, 1 Three Lined Cory, and 2 Zebra Nerite Snails. And I was looking to stock it a little more. I had a betta in there until one day he was super aggressive, and I took him out and put him in a 1 gal tank I had laying around. I'm pretty open to any stocking suggestion out there really.

Wht filter do u have

Aqua Tech 10-20 and Tetra PF 10

Guggiboy123 said:
Wht filter do u have

I would say but this depends on wht filter u have I would pick wht species of Cory u want and rehome the other. I would also get some endlers
So ur stock would be...
4 albino Cory Or 4 of the other sepcies
3 or 4 endlers
And the snails

That's fine. Somebody told me about a puffer that can go in there i really don't know of any freshwater puffer.

That's fine. Somebody told me about a puffer that can go in there i really don't know of any freshwater puffer.

Dwarf puffers are freshwater but even though they are small they are super aggressive and should be in a species-only tank. A 10 gal would only hold two anyway.

The Corys you have are a bit on the "larger" side; having one of each species complicates things a bit as they are more comfortable with their own kind. You could add 1-2 more corys of each kind. It might be a bit cramped for them though as 10 gals isn't much floor space but they would do best with a buddy or two each.

Then you could do a group of 6 NANO fish like ember tetra, chili rasbora or celestial pearl danio. Or 4 endler's livebearers (one male and the rest female or all males would be a good ratio: be careful if you mix male with female as you could be overrun with babies (fry)).

Yeah i tend to avoid babies.... I learned after my now fiances guppy tank. It was funny at the moment at least.

Back
Top Bottom