10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could put a pair of some of the smaller apistogrammas in a tank that size if it is heavily planted. You want to give some cover to the female if the male gets too aggressive.

hmmm...Gene is on to something there. small apistos = dwarf cichlids! Having a nice leafy plant to hide in/around is also great.

This is great place to choose your plants.

Are you interested in high or low light plants?

probably low light....i love java fern and java moss and i will definetly have plenty of that...i want sort of high plants towards the back and only a few small short ones in the front, i think its more of when i go to the lfs i will see something i like and get it...lol

so what i'm doing is moving my fish from the 3 gallon to the 10 gallon and have a nice community tank, but i'll just look for a "not as common" fish, who knows....i just got to have patience now so i can successfully move ALL of my fish to the 10....now since this is the best place for advice and opinions, etc. etc....what would be a nice but sorda weird fish to put in a 10 gal. with community fish?

do i ask for too much :?

Is 10 gal. too small for a siamese fighting fish ?? Because they're colourful and have beautiful fins. I kept one in a 30 gal. commnity.

i already have 3 of those, they are awesome fish but 3 is enough for me, 10 gal is a good size for them.....but most beliefs are that they are good in a 1-5 gallon, but the bigger the better for any fish! :D

i took some of the gravel from the 3 gal. and put it in the 10, i've moved the live plants over as well and i threw a filter pad that i just changed from the 3 to the filter of the 10....so i hope this cycles quick, i'm very anxious to move my fish over so they can swim happy...but i have to have patience :twisted:

OceanMist said:
Is 10 gal. too small for a siamese fighting fish ?? Because they're colourful and have beautiful fins. I kept one in a 30 gal. commnity.
Ummm no way.. since they can live in those cups for months if changed..( I would never have a fish in a cup)... I learned that a half gallon is small tooo small but 2-10 is reasonable

well they are labrynth fish, meaning they have a organ that can breathe air.....the unforunate part about this is that people think they can live in those tiny cups and be happy....but they definetly arent....poor little guys :cry:

alrighty.....we have a success on our hands!!! i have moved everything over to my ten gallon....slowly for the past week but now i'm alllll done....all the gravel was moved over....7 1/2 lbs of it, plants were moved...i bought a new penguin 100b and took my media and put it in with the new media and i put my old bio-wheel right in the water in the tank so it can help aid in the establishment of bacteria and keep the ammonia down

Ph-7.5
Ammonia-0ppm
Nitrite-0ppm
Nitrate-10ppm

its finally over and the stress of moving is done....and i gave my mom the 3 gallon because she wants to start up her fish hobby again :D

Back
Top Bottom