10 gallon betta tank stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pisces_Girl01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all!

Is anyone familiar with ottocinclus catfish? I'm thinking of getting some (3-5) for my 10 gallon betta tank. I currently have 1 betta and 5 neon tetras in the tank. Will ottos and a betta get along? The betta does not show any agression towards the neons or pest snails in the tank.

Also is panacur/fenbendazol safe to use with ottos?

There is risk, anytime you mix other fish with bettas . In your case risk would be minimal as your betta is already living with other fish and i wouldnt expect your betta and otos to live in different parts of the tank. Always a risk, but bettas and otos are considered good tank mates.

Ive got 4 otos in a 15g tank and will be introducing a betta in there shortly, with a spare tank on standby should it not work out.

No direct experience of using Fenbendazole with otos, but a bit of reading around shows people do treat otos with it and use in quarantine too. Thats not a personal recommendation though.

I see no problems with getting Ottos. Ive kepted betas with Ottos no problem but every beta is different so you may find they don't get along but that is a very low chance since you have other fish with the Betta. I would wait untill you see alage before you add Ottos since they are algae eaters.

Back
Top Bottom