10 gallon fry tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the deep blue sponge filters personally. Put a check valve in the line so u can turn the air down.

Would also suggest a clump of java moss/hornwort/water sprite for the fry. But that's just how I do things

If you really want to get into breeding set up 2-3 10+ gallon tanks and split out the fry, juvi males and females.

Well...for now I'm just trying it as a hobby right now until I see if I enjoy it. I'm hoping the cost will drop off a bit once I have everything because this is getting quite expensive lol :) any advice on fry?

keep the tank at a steady warm temperature, bare bottom tank so they have easy access to food, give them hiding places, and if you go for a power filter you might wanna wrap a thin filter sponge layer around it, don't want any fry getting trapped!
i fed my fry Tetramin fry food, they all loved it (guppies, mollies, cichlid fry), they lived on that until they were big enough for basic flakes, then they had whatever food their species usually had. simples, but important! x

Well...for now I'm just trying it as a hobby right now until I see if I enjoy it. I'm hoping the cost will drop off a bit once I have everything because this is getting quite expensive lol :) any advice on fry?

Eh got over the costs quick here. If you don't spend the money they won't be happy and in turn you won't be happy lol.

Feed your fry small amounts multiple times a day.

I'm assuming that once you have everything for the start up the cost won't be too bad after that...

I'm cheap and just use nets or a breeding tank u put in the tank. I think it's Wendy separate food separate cleaning more chemicals more electric more money to keep the filter running with charcoal and nitrites just keeps going I've done it to much for me good luck

Back
Top Bottom