10 gallon high tech planted (hopefully)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MC1973

Aquarium Advice Activist
This is day 2, I planted them last night.

Attachments

• 9050447675455_ORIG.jpg
    9050447675455_ORIG.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 8050447675444_ORIG.jpg
    8050447675444_ORIG.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 102
I'm not sure, I don't really want to do the heater so I'm looking into a fish that can be cold water. The only ones I kind of know are goldfish, but I heard they just tear everything up so I'm not sure.

MC1973 said:
I'm not sure, I don't really want to do the heater so I'm looking into a fish that can be cold water. The only ones I kind of know are goldfish, but I heard they just tear everything up so I'm not sure.

I don't heat my tanks. But I keep them at 70-72f room heat.

RCS like cool water.
My CPDs tolerate it well.

Pygmy Sunfish are another option.

I don't heat my tanks. But I keep them at 70-72f room heat.

RCS like cool water.
My CPDs tolerate it well.

Pygmy Sunfish are another option.

Is it just CPD's or all Danios? Also I had a question about shrimp, I heard they eat all the crap in your tank, as well as eating the dead leaves on your plants. Is this true? I also heard the same for snails. Will they mess with the healthy leaves?

MC1973 said:
Is it just CPD's or all Danios? Also I had a question about shrimp, I heard they eat all the crap in your tank, as well as eating the dead leaves on your plants. Is this true? I also heard the same for snails. Will they mess with the healthy leaves?

My snails and Shrimp eat dead leaves. Nobody eats poop. If you have a lot of crap, feed less.

In a 10g only a few Danios species can fit. Most are too active and need 20Longs or larger.

My tanks don't usually go below 68f.
You can see my stocking lists on my profile.

My tanks are HEAVILY planted. So my stocking is heavier than I recommend for other people.

I enjoy my Nano fish :)

Back
Top Bottom