10 gallon ideas????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys I have an extra 10 gallon setup lying around, so I'm going to set it up and put something in it. just don't know what yet. I'm going to decorate with all kinds of weird things I can find, pretty mucha funny tacky looking tank lol ya can't have serious tanks all the time ya know lol any ideas of some good fish to do ina 10 gallon? I know I'm gonna put a couple ramshorns in it since there cool to watch, but what else? thanks for any responses

Ideas for unusual tanks:
Shrimp tank
Blue lobster or other crawfish (not compatible with fish, but you seem to be looking for unusual here)
Otocat tank (May be high maintenance)
Frogs (Some not compatible with fish)

African Clawed Frog tank. My ACF, Kermit, is very entertaining and perfect for a tacky 10!! LOL I have all kinds of tacky ornaments in mine. LOL

You could always go with the popular Sponge Bob theme. Throw a couple fancy tailed guppies in there, and you got alot of color goin on. Don't forget the flourescent pink gravel and the diver looking through the treasure chest with the air bubblesw coming out :)

theotheragentm said:
WaterPond said:
i like the crawfish tank idea...

Don't these generally get too large for a 10 gallon?
It's certianly pushing it. The smaller ones grow to 5". They'd be more comfortable and live longer in a 20 gallon, but not many people have room for a 20 gallon tank for one critter.

thats it!!!!! a crawfish!!! but not a blue one, no no no, to tame fo rme, I'm going to catch me one lol I know he'll need a big tank, when he does, I'll up grade the 29 to the halfway full 75, and crawfish to the 29 lol

Note that larger crawfish species get to be 1' when full grown. Might consult a biologist in your area before catching a local baby crawfish.

It could also be against the law to capture wild species from around your area. Some states have laws against this.....you might want to check that too.

Ha ha ha ha. I can't believe that out of this whole conversation you've decided to go and catch yourself a Crawfish. That makes me laugh, it really does....in a good way. You guys are crazy!

Well, he did specifically want a non-serious tank. What's more causual than catching a local critter and putting it in a bucket? :)

Why not do a shellie tank ... you could easily house 3 N. Ocellatus in a 10 gallon with lots of shells (1 male 2 females) .. you could even MAYBE do it like 1 male, 1 female and a small synodontis species ... I have sucessfully done something similar. ... 15 gallons with 4 ocellatus (breeding harem) and 3 syno. petricola. ... my filteration was great and it was a long tank

the last thing I have to worry about is the law around here lol I live in KY, self explanatory, and why pay for a crawfish if there living in the creek in my back yard, the LFS wanted 22 bucks for a crawfish, if there that " special " I have 20 million bucks in my back yard lol still haven't decided on what I really want though, to hard to choose, I know one thing, no more plecos ever!!! I still can't get rid of the 2 someone dumped on me a year ago

I had some crayfish for a long time, and they are really fun.

But, what's really fun is FROGS. I got these little white south american aquatic frogs, they are pretty cool.
And the frogs were a bit smaller than the crayfish, so they (more or less) got along. Both, of course, eat anything that they can, so have to be careful about that.

However, I'm guessing that the frogs you might find out there near the crawdad hole won't really be cooperative or happy about staying in your tank.... these little white aquatic frogs, they don't care to leave the water much.

Also, frogs are particularly fun at feeding time :)

investigation reveals that the frogs are probably african clawed frogs, rather than south american frogs, my pet store guy might be telling tall tales....
http://aquaticfrogs.tripod.com/id2.html

Back
Top Bottom