Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

10 gallon overcrowded?

One honey gourami with five harlequin rasboras in a 10g?

I had a honey gourami for over a month, but he died. (the rest of the stock at the lfs didn't make it either) I considered replacing him, but I'm having second thoughts.

After settling in, he seemed healthy and happy at first, grazing and swimming around the whole tank. The five T. heteromorpha and the gourami mostly ignored each other. The "leader" of the school is kinda aggressive and nippy toward the others, but I never saw him chase the gourami.

As of now there are just the five rasboras and two cherry shrimp in the 10 gal tank. I plan to add five corydoras habrosus (dwarf) More details: Medium light, not quite heavily-planted (amazon sword, valisneria, a couple of small argentine swords, a large-leaf anubias and java fern on a piece of driftwood), low-tech.

I would like a "centerpiece" fish.. but would it be over-crowded with a honey gourami? Another option would be to add a sixth rasbora (and the cories) and call it stocked.

Opinions?

Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectDepth View Post
One honey gourami with five harlequin rasboras in a 10g?

I had a honey gourami for over a month, but he died. (the rest of the stock at the lfs didn't make it either) I considered replacing him, but I'm having second thoughts.

After settling in, he seemed healthy and happy at first, grazing and swimming around the whole tank. The five T. heteromorpha and the gourami mostly ignored each other. The "leader" of the school is kinda aggressive and nippy toward the others, but I never saw him chase the gourami.

As of now there are just the five rasboras and two cherry shrimp in the 10 gal tank. I plan to add five corydoras habrosus (dwarf) More details: Medium light, not quite heavily-planted (amazon sword, valisneria, a couple of small argentine swords, a large-leaf anubias and java fern on a piece of driftwood), low-tech.

I would like a "centerpiece" fish.. but would it be over-crowded with a honey gourami? Another option would be to add a sixth rasbora (and the cories) and call it stocked.

Opinions?
you will be a bit overstocked for a 10 gallon if I were you I would ditch the cories and get a DG like before

Tags
10 gallon, gallon

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com