10 gallon planted stocking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oddballfan33

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I originally had my low-tech planted tank set up with a male betta, but while at a store I saw some dwarf puffers that I had to get. I went over to petco, bought a new 5 gallon with all the stuff for my betta, and 4 weeks later I was done cycling and ready to get the puffers when I showed up at my slfs (semi-local fish store, after a two hour drive), and ... they were gone:(. It seemed like such a shame to waste my new 5, so i moved the betta. Now I have a heavily planted 10 just waiting to be stocked. I did some research, and the fish I like are: Celestial pearl Danios, Ember tetras, Peacock Gudgeons, Pygmy Cories, and scarlet badis. I have a few ideas that I think might work, listed below. tell me if you agree with any of the following

1. 6 ember tetras or celestial pearls, 5 pygmy cories, 2 peacock gudgeons.
2. 6 celestial pearls or ember tetras, 2 scarlet badis, 5 pygmy cories.
3. 6 embers or celestial pearls, 2 scarlet badis, 2 gudgeons.

if you don't think any of the following will work, please give some suggestions

My tank is overfiltered with an aqueon quietflow 10, 100 gph. Parameters are temp: 78 fahrenheit, ph: 6.8 ammo, 'trites 0, 'trates 40.

PS Can Dwarf puffers coexist with any of the listed fish?

Gudgeons are pretty cool, I bred them for a while. They may eat any fry in the tank, but adult sized schoolers should be fine. Some people have an issue with getting them on flake food but it really depends on how they were raised. Scarlet badis can be picky and may require spot feeding/live foods.

I think that you'd be a little over with those different stocking plans, but it'll probably work fine in a well planted tank. Keep some tubes in there for the gudgeon pair and the male will probably be in it 90% of the time once they start breeding.

@jetajockey thanks for the heads-up on feeding, do you think they would eat frozen bloodworms?

@FreshwaterTropical ehhhhh I'm kinda turned off to them since I have to find snails

I've never badis personally but they seem to be very similar to pygmy sunfish, which I do have a lot of experience with, and everything I've read says that frozen bloodworms do work.

And definitely not on the dwarf puffers if you want to keep it a community.

Back
Top Bottom