10 gallon schooling fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhloeM

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey everyone! so i've decided that i want to start fresh with my 10 gallon tank! after much thought, i think the general idea of what i want is one centerpiece fish and a school of 5-7 small schooling fish. i know there are many different options to this. what i'm basically asking for is for someone to give me an idea of what kind of fish could go in my tank.
i've been looking at putting one powder blue dwarf gourami in with a small school of ember tetras, but i'm still not positive if that's what i want to do for sure.
if anyone has any ideas for this, i would greatly appreciate to hear all of them! please stick to the idea that i have planned out (only one centerpiece fish and a school of 5-7 fish. that's it! :))

EDIT: i think i've actually decided to go with ember tetras because everyone on my other forum seems to like them best, plus they're on sale right now at my lfs!! how awesome! ;) any ideas for a centerpiece fish are still needed though!!

Honey gourami or peacock gudgeon.

thanks :) those are the two i'm deciding between. it honestly will come down to which one my lfs has! i've decided my final stock will be a school of 8-12 ember tetras and one honey gourami/peacock gudgeon. i can't wait to go to my lfs!!

I personally prefer harlequin rasbora over ember tetras. I think a piwder hlue dwarf gourami would be a great centerpiece fish.

I personally prefer harlequin rasbora over ember tetras. I think a piwder hlue dwarf gourami would be a great centerpiece fish.

unfortunately, my lfs does not have them :( and a dwarf gourami i believe would be just a tad bit crammed in a 10 gallon, but i really like honey gouramis! :)

My LFS didn't have them either , but they ordered them for me when I asked them to. Yours can probably do the same if you really want them.

Back
Top Bottom