10 gallon Stock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psylk87

Aquarium Advice Activist
Can I get some recs on stuff I can keep in a 10 gallon tank other than a betta or puffer? I have an empty one I want to do something interesting with and I already have a shrimp tank.

Can I get some recs on stuff I can keep in a 10 gallon tank other than a betta or puffer? I have an empty one I want to do something interesting with and I already have a shrimp tank.

For that size tank I would recommend nano fish such as ember tetras, celestial pearl danios, chili rasbora, or threadfin rainbows. Also, some strains of Endler's livebearers are also pretty neat IMO.

How many do you think would work of each? Could I mix them with some pygmy cories and so nerite snails?

I wouldn't recommend threadfin rainbows. They are extremely active fish, constantly on the move. I keep 12 in my 220g tank and they never stop zipping around. The Spotted Blue Eye's are better suited for a 10g IMO.

Platies, Guppies, Swordtails, Zebra Danios, Glo Fish, Neon Tetras, just to name a few. DON'T PUT ALL OF THOSE IN ONE TANK, WAY OVERSTOCKED!

Thank you guys for all the great advice! Do you know about how many of these types of fish I can do in the 10 gallon? If it matters its live planted. I do water changes once a week on Sundays. Filter is an aquaclear 20 gallon.

Also do you think I could do one of these types with some pygmy cory and a few nerites? How many of each would be okay?

You could probably add corydoras pygmeus. A really neat nano fish is any indostomus but they need small live food

Platies, Guppies, Swordtails, Zebra Danios, Glo Fish, Neon Tetras, just to name a few. DON'T PUT ALL OF THOSE IN ONE TANK, WAY OVERSTOCKED!

Very few of those are suitable for a 10. Most advise neon tetras for 20g+ tanks, same with zebra danios / glofish. Swordtails get to 4", so not really a suitable 10g option. You really could only have 1 platy in a 10, so while it would work you wouldn't be able to have many. You could have several guppies though.

Back
Top Bottom