10 gallon stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all

I gave my science teacher a 10 gallon. She is putting sand as substrate and will be a pretty decorated tank. Wanted to know what we could put in it. This was my list

4x black Kuhli loach
6x dwarf Juli Cory cats
1x centerpiece?

I recommend not to do that because all of the fish are bottom dwellers. The loach can grow up to 4 inches. The Cory Catfish can also grow up to 4 inches. They won't have enough space to swim in.

I recommend not to do that because all of the fish are bottom dwellers. The loach can grow up to 4 inches. The Cory Catfish can also grow up to 4 inches. They won't have enough space to swim in.

Dwarf juli only get to about an inch or so.........

Pick either the cories or loaches. A good center would be a pair of male platies

Emerald76

maybe do a habitat specific tank? as in the amazon, or africa, south america, or the great lakes or something.

I have a good missouri native 10 gallon with various little shiners, some crystal darters, and orange throat darter, and a golden crawfish.

You could do a small colony of lake Tanganika shell dwellers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could do a small colony of lake Tanganika shell dwellers

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All sound like great idea but remeber it's my science teacher who's doing the stocking and paying for it and she probably doesn't want to spend a ton so any differences ?

Cories and Khulis can be expensive. If it's a science room, liven eaters would be neat. Trio of guppies and trio of platies.

Emerald76

I mean the khulis at petsmart are a couple bucks and so are the cories

Yes they are cheap initially but can be sensitive especially Khulis and will die if the tank goes neglected which seems likely seeing the teacher may be busy and forget with the best of intentions

Emerald76

Yes they are cheap initially but can be sensitive especially Khulis and will die if the tank goes neglected which seems likely seeing the teacher may be busy and forget with the best of intentions

Emerald76

I would be taking care if. It would just be in her classroom

Okay. Here's a quick format for your stocking-

4 Khulis or peppered cories (hardier than other kinds)
3 guppies or platies

Emerald76

4 peppered cories in the 10 gallon alone is 81% of your stocking level

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

4 peppered cories in the 10 gallon alone is 81% of your stocking level

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yea peppered Cory's get big.... Some 3-4 inches I was talking about dwarf juli Cory's. Also what centerpiece do you guys would work? Beta?

You'll want some hardy fish, factor in breaks where you may not see the tank for 10 days. I'd put 5 false Julie and a betta on there, call it done..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Guys I am not selecting livebearers out of personal preference. They are hardy little buggers that can survive a lot- break, forgotten feedings, etc.

Emerald76

Back
Top Bottom