10 gallon thread rainbow fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know I have never had any luck with pearl danio's... they are cool and I love watching them play but I sware they always die 1 by 1 eventually I dunno why... I worse luck with them then neon tetra's lol..

Guys aren't Neon Dwarf rainbows small ? I have 3 in my 27g Hexagon.. they only get like 2 inches.. those aren't too big.. in fact pearl danio's get much longer then that

Celestial pearl danios (galaxy "rasboras", even though these fish are danios) are a totally different species than pearl danios. They stay much smaller and are much more shy. Mine have always done better in a small species setup.

Definitely no on dwarf neon rainbows for a 10 gallon, and I personally wouldn't keep them in most hex tanks either. They are really active despite their somewhat small size, and I'd personally recommend tanks that are at least 30" long (although 3 foot would be even better IMO).

Thanks for your recommendation but Im keeping em in my tank lol.. Its true my tank might not be 36 inches long like a normal 30g.. but my tank has 2x more circular depth and its about 1.5x taller then a 30g 3 foot tank.. They seem to be perfectly fine in my tank.

Yep, I've owned the same tank. Horizontal space is more important to this species than vertical, but it's your tank and your call.

Back
Top Bottom