100L Stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

matt869

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 100L tank which my wife would like to me to put Malawi cichlids in. I don't think there's many which would fit in here as I believe 100L is still too small, is this right.
I am already planning a 60L shell dweller tank so want to rule these cichlids out.
Is there anything that I can put in here that might be as colourful, a biggish / centrepiece fish. Something to please the misses.

Thanks
Matt

Here is my tank as it is right now with some old decor and I am yet to put any plants in. Can change the decor if required.

image-1705044863.jpg

A few yellow labs and 1-2 other malawis would work I think
But what about a community with rams or kribensis?

What could I keep with the rams or the kribensis. Would I have just a pair of these?

Daniel R said:
Get some big angels

Hmmm, that does sound like a good idea. She does like angels too. How many could i have? And what else could I keep with them?

100 liters is about 26.4 gallons. I would put an angelfish in there and a school of tetras or danios. You could have a pair of angelfish in there, but IMO you can't put anything else in with a pair because of aggression.

maxwellag said:
100 liters is about 26.4 gallons. I would put an angelfish in there and a school of tetras or danios. You could have a pair of angelfish in there, but IMO you can't put anything else in with a pair because of aggression.

Ok thanks I'll bear that in mind.

Does anyone have any other recommendations? What cichlids could I keep in here?

Does anyone else have any other recommendations?
What cichlids could I keep?
What could I keep with the rams or kribensis?

I agree, a single angel (technically an angel) with a school of tetras like Kerri or emperor, and a pair of dwarf cichlids for the bottom, like rams, Apistos, dicrossus, or laetacara, or even a pair of cleithocara maronii ( keyhole cichlids, personal favorite)

Freakgecko91 said:
I agree, a single angel (technically an angel) with a school of tetras like Kerri or emperor, and a pair of dwarf cichlids for the bottom, like rams, Apistos, dicrossus, or laetacara, or even a pair of cleithocara maronii ( keyhole cichlids, personal favorite)

I do like the keyhole cichlids. That all sounds like a great set up and I like the kerri tetras too. How many in a school do you think?

Back
Top Bottom