10g centerpiece fish ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
10g planted tank, home to RCS and 8 pygmy rasboras. I don't want to increase their number....is there some sort of small centerpiece fish I could add that wouldn't eat adult shrimp?

10g planted tank, home to RCS and 8 pygmy rasboras. I don't want to increase their number....is there some sort of small centerpiece fish I could add that wouldn't eat adult shrimp?

What about 1-3 guppies? Keeping in mind that I don't know what I'm taking about...but I mean well.

I was thinking about maybe a sparkling gourami...again just concerned about adult shrimp.

I think the sparkling gourami would work. Even at full size they aren't really big enough to hurt adult shrimp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I'm just going to increase the school of rasboras. Gave a sparkling gourami from my 16g a trial run and apparently it had a taste for shrimp :( Got it out before it ate more than 1 fortunately. Thanks for all the suggestions though!

Would any of the non-splendens bettas work?

Dwarf or a honey gourami would also be an option; would either be safe with the small rasboras and adult shrimp?

And lastly: licorice gourami, but I'm a bit concerned about feeding.

Thanks again.

Oh sorry, currently reading about B. coccina and B. rutilans. B. imbellis might also be a possibility :rolleyes:

Lol, don't apologize! I was like "What? Betta information..what? Something I can learn about bettas?! WTH is that? Must investigate immediately!"

New fish to look up is always exciting! I'd never heard the term non-splendens bettas before.

Lol, don't apologize! I was like "What? Betta information..what? Something I can learn about bettas?! WTH is that? Must investigate immediately!"

New fish to look up is always exciting! I'd never heard the term non-splendens bettas before.

Wasn't sure what else to call them :whistle:

Lots of years ago I had an Asian biotope in a 20 long with a B coccina. Very peaceful fish but I didn't have shrimp then either....

img_3170865_0_5be653d4df25237423ad698f4b9efdc4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom