10g hex stocking question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blipblop

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey all, my tank is up and running, but i've just had 3 neons die that were in there... so i kinda want to start all over, new substrate and plants, what works well in a 10g hex? i might want one or 2 fish max? what kinda fish don't get lonely and don't bite another one, i want a gourami, i know they're sorta territorial

I'm assuming that a 10 gal hex is quite small. I don't think you should put a gourami or even a dwarf gourami in it for that matter.

If you could get the dimensions of the tank, that would help alot.

oo then betta it is, any specific species or anything? or just find a pretty one? do they like planted tanks? cause i might wanna put a couple of plants in there

If your tank came with stock lighting, you'll have an 8 watt flourescent bulb. That's less than 1 wpg, so you'll want to stick with low light plants. Anubias, Crypts, and Java Ferns would be some good options.

i've got to check cause i bought a new light b/c the one that came with it burnt out... i got it from home depot.. need to check the ratings.

yep my tank is cycled! and ready for the betta, do they eat special stuff? i only have flakes and bloodworms

they're the ones that are kept in little containers??? ahhh omg. =(

I have a 10 gal hex. It currently houses a blue crayfish, but I used to have Badis badis, a relative of the betta. They are a little more challenging to keep than a betta (and harder to find), but you can have 3-4 in that tank. There is a pic of one in my gallery.

Back
Top Bottom