10g Stocking Concerns
I somehow managed to get my best friend hooked on the hobby and we're now planning out her very first tank - a 10g. She has very limited space and unfortunately that is the biggest she's able to go right now.
As you might imagine, the small tank size poses a challenge for stocking. I've been reading up on which fish would be appropriate and of course I'm getting conflicting information, so here I am to ask the people with first-hand experience!
The tank will be planted, heated, and will have an AquaClear 30 for filtration. The only fish she's certain she wants are panda corydoras, at least 4 of them.
- Is it possible to keep guppies happy and healthy in a 10g tank? If so, how many?
- Will penguin tetras eat red cherry shrimp?
- Will guppies eat red cherry shrimp?
- What WON'T eat red cherry shrimp?
- What sort of stocking would you suggest?
- What are the best fish to be kept in small tanks?
She's open to pretty much anything. Thanks in advance!
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - attributed to Albert Einstein