10g tear down and rebuild/ build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vance1013

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i have to tear down 10g reason being my crappy aquatech 5-15 filter has crapped out completely now barely running i had ordered a new better filter but got lost in shipping do to address issues i got a refund and wont beable to get the new filter until a little after the 15th, my stock atm is 2 neon tetras funds have been tight so i havent been able to bump the school up to 6, 2 otos and 1 black mystery snail since it is only temporary they will be put into my cycled 5g for only the duration from tomorrow till a little after the 15th when my new filter comes in here is my tank as of now i have left over seachem flourite whis the substrate (i may do dirt with flourite cap) i plan using the driftwood that i have then using some rock that i have as well then overtime add plants to have a nice planted tank one plant i want for sure is dwarf hair grass the two plants i have now is moss balls and java moss any suggestions ideas pics would be nice and i can finally paint it too lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121205_235753.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121205_235753.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 189
The ten is now torn down will jave pics soon going to paint the back black this weekend after that its just waiting and getting aquascaping ideas

Byebye ugly gravel

ForumRunner_20121206_212250.jpg

Hello clean tank

ForumRunner_20121206_212309.jpg

ForumRunner_20121206_212323.jpg

This weekend back gets painted and new permanent spot for tank still waiting on those pics from others ten gallon

Ok so this weekend ill beable to to order my new filter im also going to pick up some soil as well i was thinking of what my new stock could be since im redoing it to a planted i was thinking of celestial pearl danios ive been doing some research on them i know they are small would they work in a 10g want to hear from others experience if so whats a good number i was also thinking of axlerod rasboras another small fish im ok if these dont work out from your guys judgement experience etc... ive been doing my research

CPDs are awesome! They are some of the most gorgeous micro fish. I would definitely recommend them, and a ten gallon is plenty of room for a small school. I've never kept axelrods before so I can't really weigh in on them.

CPDs are awesome! They are some of the most gorgeous micro fish. I would definitely recommend them, and a ten gallon is plenty of room for a small school. I've never kept axelrods before so I can't really weigh in on them.

Ok cool thank you ive been hearing bout them for awhile then i had to redo my tank i was like hey what bout cpds so i started researching them and some other micro fish have any pics if you keep now

vance1013 said:
Byebye ugly gravel

Hello clean tank

This weekend back gets painted and new permanent spot for tank still waiting on those pics from others ten gallon

I have the exact same ugly gravel in my tank! It's aweful lol

Sorry! Just saw this thread.

I have 2 planted 10g right now. You can check them out on my thread "Evolution of My Tanks" for some pictures!

One tank has about 7 or 8 CPDS with a Croaking Gourami. They are great little fish. Not true schoolers, and can be kinda shy.

With your lights, id go with some Crypts as fore to mid ground plants. Crypt Parva is a good foreground plant while Crypt Wendtii can get moderately tall and serves as a good mid ground plant. I keep those in the tank with my CPDs. They seem to really enjoy the Anubias Nana that I have attached to my driftwood too!

Lol im doing dirt capped with flourite my 5g has flourite and i like the look of it

Great choice, although when I did my 10 awhile back with dirt, my Pleco (temp housing) kept moving my sand and releasing dirt into the water. Although with a more solid substrate like Flourite covering the dirt, it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry! Just saw this thread.

I have 2 planted 10g right now. You can check them out on my thread "Evolution of My Tanks" for some pictures!

One tank has about 7 or 8 CPDS with a Croaking Gourami. They are great little fish. Not true schoolers, and can be kinda shy.

With your lights, id go with some Crypts as fore to mid ground plants. Crypt Parva is a good foreground plant while Crypt Wendtii can get moderately tall and serves as a good mid ground plant. I keep those in the tank with my CPDs. They seem to really enjoy the Anubias Nana that I have attached to my driftwood too!

Thank you i have seen your thread lol ill have to take another look anubias will one of the plants ill look into crypts i was also thinking of dwarf hair grass for some in the foreground

Great choice, although when I did my 10 awhile back with dirt, my Pleco (temp housing) kept moving my sand and releasing dirt into the water. Although with a more solid substrate like Flourite covering the dirt, it shouldn't be an issue.

Thats good to know im just gunna be doing small fish not to worried bout dirt sifting lol

Your tanks are amazing i like the jungle look of your ten very nice itd been awhile since i saw your thread lol

Some other great Microfish is the Chili Rasbora. I haven't had any personal experience with them though :(

You could get some Dwarf Corys in the 10 with the CPDs. I have Habrosus and Pygmaeus. Either would work great with the CPDS

Some other great Microfish is the Chili Rasbora. I haven't had any personal experience with them though :(

You could get some Dwarf Corys in the 10 with the CPDs. I have Habrosus and Pygmaeus. Either would work great with the CPDS

I'll look into those and see how they'll work requirements etc.. im sorry to hear about your die off thank you for the suggestions

Back
Top Bottom