110 gallon installed today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

max h

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I finally got my 110 gallon tank setup today. the water has cleared up pretty nicely although it still a some more to go. The next couple of days the plants, main filter, and fish will come over from the 55 gallon.

Attachments

• 110 gallon.jpg
    110 gallon.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 139
You're not kidding, just the tank alone is a bout 200 pounds. But compared to the 55 gallon I'm upgrading from the fish will be happy with the extra foot in length and seven inches in width, and the price was right. Total cost was about $400, that will go down as I sell the 55 gallon and some other extra equipment I have sitting around.

Looks awesome - totally jealous! I look forward to the day when I've got a bigger tank than my 30-gallon...

What is the stock???

Great beautiful tank!!!

I have 3 adult Swordtails and 8 fry for now. I'll give some of the fry away. Pepper and Panda Cories, 4 Oto's, 5 each of Zebra Danios, Neon Tetras, and Harlequin Rasboras. All those numbers will be increasing over the next couple of months except for the swordtails.

A quick update, I got my established filter, fish, and the rest of my plants moved over today. It will be time for some more fish over the next month or two.

Attachments

• 110 gallon Nov 01.jpg
    110 gallon Nov 01.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 115
A quick update, I got my established filter, fish, and the rest of my plants moved over today. It will be time for some more fish over the next month or two.
Looks good! Lucky fish [emoji4]

Quick update after 2 weeks, the plants have been growing great and all the fish are healthy. When I transferred everything over I had 10 swordtail fry that where a couple of weeks old. I gave about 6 away which was a good thing since I got a new batch of fry the other day. Today a pair of the Harlequin Rasbora's where mating. I guess I'll find out in a day or 2 if they where successful.

Attachments

• Nov 17, 110 gallon.jpg
    Nov 17, 110 gallon.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
The tank looks great have you put any thought into getting one or two larger show piece fish like angels, Bolivian rams or pearl gouramies

Not yet, we may look at a pair of angels after getting the rest of the stocking done. I did consider Rainbow fish also, but from what I read to keep them happy you need around 8.

Not yet, we may look at a pair of angels after getting the rest of the stocking done. I did consider Rainbow fish also, but from what I read to keep them happy you need around 8.

YMMV but I've got three dwarf neon rainbows as my "showpiece" fish and they seem to be doing quite well.

I have Swords, one live bearing species is enough

So it's been a few weeks since I updated a picture. The plants have been growing like weeds.

Attachments

• Dec 11, 19 41 01.jpg
    Dec 11, 19 41 01.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 59
Back
Top Bottom