120 litre ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishywishy333

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys, so I have a few questions about an 120 litre fish tank I am saving up for at the moment. I will try and include as many details as possible, but if I miss any out, just ask. :)

So I wanted to know what plants I should have first of all. The tank comes with 2 18w lights. I am wanting hardy, easy to grow plants that don't need a source of co2 to thrive. I know it is definitely going to be a freshwater tropical tank of some sort. For fertilisation I would probably use root tabs and liquid.

For fish, I was leaning towards either cichlids or a community. Whatever one is easier to has is probably best :rolleyes:. They would have to be hardy fish that will get along with each other. If you guys could give me some stocking ideas that would be great.

I am going to get two hang-on-back filters that will do 1200 litres per hour together which means optimum filtration (y).

So hope someone can help and I will reply as soon as I can to anyone that posts, answering any questions, well at least trying :whistle:. :thanks: in advance! :D

For plants I would say java fern, anubias, java moss, water sprite, anacharis, and maybe some crypt wendtii...but I'm not to sure about that....and as for the stocking I would go with community fish if you want a planted tank

Thanks for the help Jev, I'll look up the plants and I was a little unsure about the cichlids myself. But cichlids are just so cool...

Yah I agree cichlids are really cool but they are more aggressive and will tear up your plants if you put them in there

Hmm not sure about the anacharis and water sprite, they seem fine leafed and they tend to get stuck in the filter...

Yah I don't have either of those plants myself but I have heard they are nice hardy plants...but java fern and anubias are bother very nice plants IMO I have two different types of java fern and I have an anubias nana in one of my tanks and it is pretty nice I like them...you could probably do cambomba and maybe an amazon sword as well I forgot to mention those too

I have had anubias nana in m 60 litre, it did very well, but algae grew on it and I had to through it away

I tried a sword in my 60 litre too, I didn't have ferts in there at the time and threw it away because I thought it had had began to rot. (It had a yellow leaf that was just from no ferts)

Hmm mine is doing good with no ferts or anything...what type gravel are you planning on using

I have also heard torta Val Is good plant that grows pretty quick

Yes,I've heard of I think, I really like the look of it.I love the betta in your picture, is it yours?

Well it's 30 gallon tank so I would say a school of some type of tetra or danios and some Cory cast for the bottom and a centerpiece fish such as a gourami or maybe even an angel might work...and you could possibly do more than one school of small fish...and you could also maybe do a gbr or Bolivian ram...just a couple suggestions

Back
Top Bottom