125g ???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Makavelli02

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have lucked into a 125g tank for 100 bucks. It comes with stand and 3 piece glass lid. What should I put in it. I already have a 30g community tank and a 75 Oscar tank.

wow... awesome deal! I thought the one I got for $200 a few weeks back was a steal!

I vote for either african cichlids or a planted community.

I will defiantly have a ton of questions when setting up the tank. I was leaning towards Africans I have wanted to try them but I love my oscars and would never risk getting them hurt. So what kinna filtration and how much should I use for a 125 African tank? What kind of Africans are best and how many?

Well this is where you'll get varying opinions. What has worked for me and what I prefer may not be the case for someone else.

I would stick with either one big filter like an FX5 or two smaller filters like fluval 405's or rena xp3's.

As far as fish... stick with the same type. If you go with haps, stick with haps. Peacocks, stick with peacocks. Mbuna, stick with mbuna. Haps and peacocks work better together than mbuna and peacocks or mbuna and haps. They have varying levels of agression and the peacocks and haps are generally a little more mild mannered.

Back
Top Bottom