15 gallon and 9 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phillip

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have so far in my 15 gallon
1 flying fox
2 rummynose tetras
1 x ray tetra
1 serpae tetra
3 male guppys
1 platy
1 peltobagrus catfish
6 neons

is that all

how about my 9 gallon what and how many can i have in there

Ah I didn't know they made 15 and 9 gallon tanks. Well a 9 gallon tank is surprising.

Most people will say that the 15 is overstocked. I also say it is without knowing whether your tank is planted/ what type of filter you have. You should do at least 20% water changes every weekend.

And what is a peltobagrus catfish ? If it's a bagrid it'll prob get large...

Since it's a hex not a lot of fish can fit into it. Maybe some mountain minnows or something? I don't know...

And what's a shadow catfish?

And yes I would say you have enough fish in your 15...How big is your flying fox? expect that to get about 6 inches.

You have a few lonely schooling fish in there. May be you can move one of the species of tetras to your 9 gal and add more of the same (rummy nose, serpae, x-ray). They'll be hapier in groups of 5-6 or more.

JMO.

I dislike hex tanks...

Can you show a picture of describe a shadow catfish?

Flying foxes do get large. I have one that is about 3/4 inch long and one in another tank that is about 4 inch so far.

And why don't you get a heater?

what is you amibientaka room tempo??? If it is within a few degree there are heat pad and mini heaters that wal mart carries .... they arent costly...

Back
Top Bottom