15 Gallon Tank/Bettas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Starka

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just bought three cute little betta's. Two females and one male. Currently I have one little female roaming a 15 gal all by her lonesome, though she is quite happy swimming around such a large tank compaired to her little bowl. :)
The other female is in a large bowl floating in my 26gal. I was hoping that they would be tolerate each other in the 15 gal, but the little female in there was too aggressive and pulled other female out.
I was hoping to get a divider for the tank but my pet stores have ones that are for 30-50gal and wouldn't fit my tank. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for what I could use as a divider for a 15gal tank?
I am setting up a gallon bowl for my work and I could use that, but wanted to know if you had any ideas.
I also had a question about betta's. When I went to pick a betta from the store, I noticed that most of the males had white on the ends of their bottom fins. Is that fin rot?

Thanks! :)

You could buy some acrylic sheeting or plexi glass or maybe even glass and cut it (or have it cut to spec) to size to fit your tank.

Oh my gosh, that is such a great idea! I make coasters out of those for Christmas so I have a bunch at home, perfect!
I am glad that it is just the coloring on the fins, I was starting to think that nearly every betta at the store had fin rot.

Ok, I put up my homemade divider and it works great! I haven't gotten rocks for this tank yet so it keeps falling down, but otherwise it works great.

Thanks for the great idea!

I'll get one up as soon as I get home :)
Though its kinda ugly with mismatched things from other tanks and a handfull of rocks.

Well, here it is. My poor little 15gal tank with two cute bettas. The blue/black betta is the sweet one(left) and the blue/red(right) one is the trouble maker. Its funny she flares up everytime I come up to the tank or when the room lights go off. :p
The breeder net and the bowl in there is to keep the divider up until I can get more rocks. Its been working perfectly. Thanks so much for the idea! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg